These people are out there

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Title says it all. If there was no chance of somebody getting hurt, I vote for letting it happen.

Attachments

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I posted that same picture last week on the company Facebook site for a reaction. I keep saying I would love to understand the thought process (lack there of) of some individuals :D:D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I was back east (Illinois?) a few years ago & saw the same method used to tie a SxS into a pickup truck, except they used those huge ratchet straps that the semis use. They had called a tow truck/mobile mechanic to find out why their truck wouldn't move; they thought the transmission was bad.:rolleyes:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
i was back east (illinois?) a few years ago & saw the same method used to tie a sxs into a pickup truck, except they used those huge ratchet straps that the semis use. They had called a tow truck/mobile mechanic to find out why their truck wouldn't move; they thought the transmission was bad.:rolleyes:
here’s your sign!!!!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We have a proposal on the upcoming ballot designed to combat the gerrymandering of voting districts which is outrageous in Michigan. However the commission that would be charged with redistricting would be composed of citizens (equal numbers of relevant parties) selected at random. Sounded good until I had the awful mental picture of a panel composed of the folks described above :eek::eek::eek:

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
Alas, my faith in my fellow man tells me this was staged for the photo, and a hearty laugh was had by all.

(I hope...) :eek:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Alas, my faith in my fellow man tells me this was staged for the photo, and a hearty laugh was had by all.

(I hope...) :eek:
You could be right but...(and I have to be a little careful here)

Some relatives on my wifes side had their muffler hanger break on the car while on vacation out west. So uncle nameless uses a shoelace and ties it to the driveshaft. Reminded me of this picture. Had a good laugh at his expense! I would be too embarrassed to tell a story like that.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Was he american? I only ask because you guys mark your roads differently. What I found was that you marked the road you were on but not the road you were looking for.
"The Loop 101 designation was first assigned on December 18, 1987, at which time the South Mountain Freeway and the portion of the San Tan Freeway between I-10 and Price Road were also designated to be part of Loop 101.[6] On July 19, 1991, the proposed South Mountain Freeway was renumbered as part of Loop 202.[7] The San Tan Freeway portion of Loop 101 has never officially been renumbered, though this freeway section has been signed as Loop 202 since its opening."

This!!!
But you have to get there!!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I was back east (Illinois?) a few years ago & saw the same method used to tie a SxS into a pickup truck, except they used those huge ratchet straps that the semis use. They had called a tow truck/mobile mechanic to find out why their truck wouldn't move; they thought the transmission was bad.:rolleyes:
Bet that made tow truck drivers day. I would have not been able to remain professional in that situation. I would have taken one look and lost it. Then have to try and explain there screw up in between laughing fits :rolleyes::p:D

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Anyone hear about a lady who called a local radio talk show to vent about the deer crossing sign? She wanted the deer to cross further down the road and asked the county to move the sign at that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Anyone hear about a lady who called a local radio talk show to vent about the deer crossing sign? She wanted the deer to cross further down the road and asked the county to move the sign at that location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the original posted on YouTube :D

https://youtu.be/RFCrJleggrI

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I worked in a Mechanic shop in the early 60ies when a woman came in with no brakes using her emergency brake. I found a leaking brake line and gave her a quote. She called her husband who came down all mouthy about me taking advantage of a woman. He had black electrical tape and taped the brake line and topped the master cylinder off. Last I saw of him, he was entering the expressway. Yes, they are definitely out there.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I saw one of our Darwin Award nominees at work standing 3 ft up on a 6 ft step ladder while 20 ft up in a scissor lift. Another guy repeatedly picks up 1,000 lb steel plates overhead with a magnet and stands underneath to clean them. Needless to say, I steer clear of them for my own safety.

Apparently, it’s ok though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I worked in a Mechanic shop in the early 60ies when a woman came in with no brakes using her emergency brake. I found a leaking brake line and gave her a quote. She called her husband who came down all mouthy about me taking advantage of a woman. He had black electrical tape and taped the brake line and topped the master cylinder off. Last I saw of him, he was entering the expressway. Yes, they are definitely out there.
Reminds me of the guy who came in to my Dad's gas station and wanted the hub caps on his car lined up so when he stopped the "Chevrolet" that was stamped in the center all lined up the same. My Dad tried to explain that they would go out of alignment when he went around a corner but he wasn't having any of it. So he put him on the hoist and lined them up. Guy left happy but I'm sure he was mad when he got home! It was one of my Dad's favorite stories.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
These days, he could get the "spinners" so the logo doesn't change orientation at all.