Husqvarna

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Yooper,

If you guys like odd historical stuff, I hit 20 or so good web links a day. I'll post more in the future.

Bill,

Amazing guy for sure. Same generation as my dad who did the same thing: CCC, lied about his age to get into the Merchant Marine at 15 and then, two years later, got into the Navy. What those young kids faced would leave most young kids today hiding under their bed.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
He seldom spoke of his service, but I'd like to find out how he won 4 Bronze Stars keeping P-40s & P-38s in the air.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I gave up on the tree saw idea...

I climbed up the 30 ft. ladder on the white pine to peek around.... and it scared the heck out of me... [emoji5]

I thought about the cut plan all week... and yesterday I fired up the trusty Husky.

In hindsight I went a lil deep on the facecut, But the hinge worked perfect and dropped pretty much where I wanted. (NOT on the House) [emoji3]

worse part was the sappy clean up.

prolly burn my gloves shirt and britches. [emoji57]

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

I climbed up the 30 ft. ladder on the white pine to peek around.... and it scared the heck out of me... [emoji5]

I thought about the cut plan all week... and yesterday I fired up the trusty Husky.

In hindsight I went a lil deep on the facecut, But the hinge worked perfect and dropped pretty much where I wanted. (NOT on the House) [emoji3]

Worst tree I ever took down was a Rubber Tree. Was renting a room from some people that owned a house. This blasted tree was evil. Wasn't very big, but was right next to the garage. If the leaves fell of and hit your vehicle, they stuck to it :eek:You had to soak the vehicle and use some industrial cleaner to get the goop off your vehicle.

Tree service wanted to charge them $1500. It was a small tree, bout 4" thick at the biggest point. Maybe 8 to 10 stalks branching off. Told them I could take it down for them. Just give me a month of free rent. Man was I a sucker!!!!! :mad:

Two bars and chains later. Having to unclog the oiler for said bar and chain at usually 1/2 a tank of gas, and a doctor's visit after it was all said and done (I'll get to that in a minute), I finally had it all cut and loaded on a trailer. It also took 1/2 an hour in the shower scrubbing spots and some experimenting with solvents in the garage, I finally got the pitch off me.

That's also about the same time, said spots turned into welts and I broke out head to toe in hives. Had to pop a bunch of benadryl and have my room mate drive me to the walk in clinic for an allergic reaction.

See, when they said rubber tree, it never clicked in my head, that they were being literal. And that the pitch was where they got latex from. :rolleyes: I happen to have a known allergy to latex, just never put two and two together :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
In the really olden days, when I was a teenager, my grandfather an old woodsman told me.... Get what ever saw you want, but if you want to cut wood fast enough to make a livin, get a Stihl.

I've always had a Stihl of one kind or another. My mother in law decided she needed a newer, smaller easier to handle saw. She gave us her old Husky Rancher. It is heavy, harder to use, fuel and oil thirsty, but cuts like an animal. I use it to buck up bigger trees once they are down. It does make short work of that fast.

We do use this saw quite a bit. However. I wouldn't want to have to use it everyday, all day as I'm not tough enough for that anymore.

My 5 cents of experience and opinion.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Only Husquvarna I own is a 1960's vintage Smith and Wesson imported Husky, small Mauser action 308. Shoots sub moa at 200 yards with handloaded Berger 168 VLD's. All my saws are Stih and my chipper is a Jinma

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

You must live in a high crime area or are paranoid. Never seen a gate like you have on a driveway before. If I had that on the drive, people around here would label me as a kook.

I do have a fenced yard and a 108 pound black chow that loves kids and hates the mailman.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You must live in a high crime area or are paranoid. Never seen a gate like you have on a driveway before. If I had that on the drive, people around here would label me as a kook.
I see nothing unusual about the gate.
Fenced yard without a gate is kinda useless, isn't it?
Maybe I missed something?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
SidecarFlip, interesting your comment about a high crime area and wondering why the gate. So you have a 108# black chow gate! What's the difference. If your dog can't behave as good as those gates your neighbors may think you're a kook!!:D

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
The reason for the Gate (and fencing) is 2 German Shepherds that will chew your arms clean off if given the chance. [emoji3]

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
JT,

The dog on the right needs to lay off the arms for a week or two. He's putting on weight. Maybe just fingers for the rest of the month.

Love the signage.

:)

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
He is just a furry old goat...
The little girl actually weighs more.

3 years old vs 10 years old.

Both are within specs according to the doggy sawbones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
This pic. Is for flip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My 108 pound chow isn't all that sociable either but I keep him in a fenced yard and the driveway is separate from the yard itself.

Seems like the only people he likes besides my wife and I are the Fed-Ex driver and the UPS driver because they ply him with dog bisqits.

I too own one of those contraptions they are sitting in but mine is attached to a Triumph Bonneville. I collect Brit bikes, expensive hobby.

I now see why you have the drive gate but it's not needed here. I have a 1997 Ford like yours too. If you ever junk it, take the wheels off. They are worth (without tires) around 200 bucks each, I know, I just bought one to replace the steel rimmed spare.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I guess I haven't visited this thread in a while.
That's getting the job done John. Great photos. I see nothing wrong with keeping your pets where they belong. I have a friend who is 74 and a self made millionare by farming and selling off land. He loves tractors and golden retrievers. He has 20 plus tractors most with 4-7 hrs on them and three golden retrievers about three years apart in age. He lives alone and says at bed time the dogs will beat him to the bed and barely leave him room enough to sleep...lol. (off topic I know) He loves his dogs.
My little Husky saw came with a 14" bar. And the man lift has wheels and you tow it like a trailer. Put out the outriggers and level it and off you go. Heres another pic of the man lift I rented.
And sorry its sideways. I have no idea why or how to correct it.

Attachments

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not that far really. I/we come to Maine at least once a year to visit with our close friends in Stockton Springs and I'm an always player in the Main Moose lottery. Don't want to live in the east. taxes are too high and too many people but visiting is ok.