Husqvarna

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had a bunch of tree work to do. I called a couple tree companys and everyone was booked up till next year. So I rented a 35' man lift. My chainsaw is a 20 year old Husqvarna that still runs good. But I had been wanting a smaller saw to take out on the atv when I went riding. So I went to local Kubota dealer who used to sell only stihl saws but now sells Husqvarna also.
They had a light weight arborist T435 saw that I bought. Top handle is great to cut one handed from the man lift. Its kinda odd using it on the ground with two hands. lol. But anyway a great little say, turns up to 10k rpms, cuts like a hot knife through butter.
The lift was good for 35'. My nerves were good for about 20'...lol. But one full day I got all my tree work done. Tomorrow I chip with the woodmaxx chipper.

Attachments

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I hate them lifts!

Husq makes a good saw but my ol man was a jonsered guy and so am I. I’m on my third...first one a buddy blew up no oil, second one I ran over with my brush hog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I had a bunch of tree work to do. I called a couple tree companys and everyone was booked up till next year. So I rented a 35' man lift. My chainsaw is a 20 year old Husqvarna that still runs good. But I had been wanting a smaller saw to take out on the atv when I went riding. So I went to local Kubota dealer who used to sell only stihl saws but now sells Husqvarna also.
They had a light weight arborist T435 saw that I bought. Top handle is great to cut one handed from the man lift. Its kinda odd using it on the ground with two hands. lol. But anyway a great little say, turns up to 10k rpms, cuts like a hot knife through butter.
The lift was good for 35'. My nerves were good for about 20'...lol. But one full day I got all my tree work done. Tomorrow I chip with the woodmaxx chipper.
All stihl here,but my small saw is the top handle in tree saw,love that thing,so light,I rarely ever get my big saw out. Have taken trees down with it with no problem. You smarter then I though with the lift,last year I had to trim branches along my power line coming to the house, had my buddy in the bucket of the kubota as high as it would go with an 11 ft pole saw. I’m glad he wasn’t afraid to be the one in the bucket,I wasn’t getting in there lol. His dad owns a logging company though,and he said it was nothing compared to some stuff he’s done

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
My dad always had jonsered also. He had a couple of them and a small Shindiowa I think it was. For a cheap little Japanese saw the shindiowa did a lot of work. As far as Jonsered there aren't any dealers near me but they are a tough saw also.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The local Tractor Supply carries Jonsered. But know one local that specializes in servicing them.

I have a Husqvarna 445 with an 18" bar. Been a really great running saw. Put it up against pops Stihl with the 20inch bar, neighbor's Stihl with 18in bar, jonsered with 18in bar, and a Poulan pro with 18in bar during tornado clean up one weekend. 6 hours in, mine was the only one that would still start while hot. The others needed to sit in the shade for a couple hours to cool off. The Poulan was only good for 1 tank of gas.

10 hours in mine was still going, but the rest of us said screw it :p Repeated the marathon the next day with the same results. Poulan was out after a tank of gas. About 4 hours in, the others needed to sit for a couple hours before they would start back up. Mine, fill her up, top up the chain and she would start back up and keep screaming till she run out of gas.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
The local Tractor Supply carries Jonsered. But know one local that specializes in servicing them.

I have a Husqvarna 445 with an 18" bar. Been a really great running saw. Put it up against pops Stihl with the 20inch bar, neighbor's Stihl with 18in bar, jonsered with 18in bar, and a Poulan pro with 18in bar during tornado clean up one weekend. 6 hours in, mine was the only one that would still start while hot. The others needed to sit in the shade for a couple hours to cool off. The Poulan was only good for 1 tank of gas.

10 hours in mine was still going, but the rest of us said screw it :p Repeated the marathon the next day with the same results. Poulan was out after a tank of gas. About 4 hours in, the others needed to sit for a couple hours before they would start back up. Mine, fill her up, top up the chain and she would start back up and keep screaming till she run out of gas.
I did have hot restart issues with all my stihl stuff after I bought them took them back immediately since I did spend about $2500 there right after I got our place,I did kinda rush the when I bought the stuff because I was supposed to be at work,but brought it back to the dealer,old coon a$$ tech in the back took them,played with them for a day,tuned the carbs on everything,two saws,two blowers and the kombi power head,have had no issue since,the will start cold with no choke on 2 pulls at most usually one,and restarting hot no matter how long they run is no problem

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup.. my Husky has been through the mill, I was going to junk it because it quit on me. But before I tossed it I thought I would see what happened,, The plug broke off at the base of the porcelain put an old plug in and she started right up. Yup my old Husky has been a good saw,, and the old Mcculla 10 10 sill works though it weighs a ton so it just sits in the barn

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Husq is jonsered, parts even interchange.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I had a bunch of tree work to do. I called a couple tree companys and everyone was booked up till next year. So I rented a 35' man lift.
Whats a ballpark $$ on renting one of those for an afternoon?

I image you don't need any special qualification? besides common sense and a credit card?

I've got a few trees I'd like to get after myself........ getting a little long in the tooth to climb..:(

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I called two different rental places both the same distance from me about 20 miles away. The man lift or bucket life was $200. at one place and $175. at the other place. The $200. a day place is open 7 days a week. The $175. place closes at noon on Saturday and is not open on Sunday. So I went and got it on Saturday. The guy said if you get it about 10 am on Saturday then you can bring it back and drop off Monday morning. So after I did my cutting on Saturday my sister asked me to cut back her driveway trees so I did that on Sunday. I fired up my L3800 with chipper today and chipped everything. The power feed is great. You stick the limbs and brush in. It just sucks it in and spits it out. A customer was here he has a DR chipper he said with no power feed. He said your really beat up after a few hours of feeding it.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
WFM
Did you get your saw with the 12 or 14” bar?

I will probably be pulling the trigger on a T435 soon.

The reviews seem to be pretty good
And I can’t imagine my big azz up in a tree with my 385XP
LoL

The saw shop also had A cute little ECHO top handle saw that looks pretty nice.

But I am a husky guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
WFM
Did you get your saw with the 12 or 14” bar?

I will probably be pulling the trigger on a T435 soon.

The reviews seem to be pretty good
And I can’t imagine my big azz up in a tree with my 385XP
LoL

The saw shop also had A cute little ECHO top handle saw that looks pretty nice.

But I am a husky guy

You may want to check out Echo chainsaw. I've always owned Stihl and they are great saws but this time I bought an Echo and although I haven't used it long term yet I'm very impressed, lots of power and I've never had a saw this easy to start and also the price was right. I made my decision after owning a few other Echo products and reading reviews. Good luck with your new saw.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I was just looking at the Echo 355T

Home depot has it cheapest around

Great reviews

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I've heard the same thing but I can't say. I would think if they are of less quality they would have to have a different model number, but I don't know. Looking at the reviews and having a 5 year warranty I took a chance and bought the CS-400. Good luck with your decision.

Josef

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 Kubota MX 5200 with 6 la1065 loader, sq172 Bush hog shredder, 6 ' Armstrong
Feb 25, 2016
victoria tx 77904
I had a bunch of tree work to do. I called a couple tree companys and everyone was booked up till next year. So I rented a 35' man lift.

How did you get the man lift home.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Many rental places include the trailer as part of the rental.

An interesting angle to Husky's first marketing in America for those of us who first saw Husky's with two wheels. (Make sure it starts at the beginning... Can't get it to reset!)

https://youtu.be/lYpnfKmz9Rk

Last edited:

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
My dad always had jonsered also. He had a couple of them and a small Shindiowa I think it was. For a cheap little Japanese saw the shindiowa did a lot of work. As far as Jonsered there aren't any dealers near me but they are a tough saw also.

Shindaiwa made a quality saw. My grandfather was a wheel horse dealer and carried stihl and shindaiwa.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Thanks for posting that Ray, quite enjoyable. Malcom Smith reminds me of the gentleman who taught me to ride. Quiet, thoughtful, highly skilled. He was skilled in all aspects of motorcycling, but most impressively, he was Senior Arizona Trials Master for about 35 years. He was one of my high school teachers, the kind you learned more from than all your other teachers combined. I once asked him how he used to ride those old, heavy, under-powered, no suspension bikes in off road races. He answered (only partly tongue in cheek) "That was back when men were men, and so were women."
Sadly, he is gone now. You get a glimpse of the man from his obituary:
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/azcentral/obituary.aspx?n=William-Roseberry&pid=152691144

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Many rental places include the trailer as part of the rental.

An interesting angle to Husky's first marketing in America for those of us who first saw Husky's with two wheels. (Make sure it starts at the beginning... Can't get it to reset!)

https://youtu.be/lYpnfKmz9Rk
Lately, you are on fire Ray! Back in the early seventies when I was into dirt bikes, those Huskies were considered the cream of the crop! Once again, thanks for posting.