Top Link Valve not acting correctly?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thanks... Checking them out. Prices are reasonable in relation to what Ive already spent.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hey eipo. I was sure when I hooked up my toplink to the new spool valves, that I had checked both valves and cycled them to get the air out and make sure the both worked. After reading your post again this morning, I thought that I would go out and double check again this morning, as it had been quite a while and I run my toplink off the non float valve. Both valves work as they should and are equal in perfomance. I can run either one at a creep or full bore and any where in between. It would sure appear that you just got a bad valve. Good luck with the new one.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thanks. To bad prince doesnt think it warrants a closer look. At least surplus center is taking it back.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You won't have any trouble with these. ;)
Do you have a picture of how you hook one of these up? I'm trying to figure out if my existing layout will work.

Its difficult to put a mental picture together from their website.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Do you have a picture of how you hook one of these up? I'm trying to figure out if my existing layout will work.

Its difficult to put a mental picture together from their website.

They hook up the same way your other valve did:
IN from the pump
OUT or T (tank) to the tranny case
PB or BYD to the rockshaft connection (where the PB line is located now.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
They hook up the same way your other valve did:
IN from the pump
OUT or T (tank) to the tranny case
PB or BYD to the rockshaft connection (where the PB line is located now.
Thanks.

There are minor differences in port locations between the two if the images are accurate.

I'd prefer to not have to redo any plumbing.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I think the only thing throwing me on the stack valve is a tank port on both the inlet and outlet.

The monoblock doesn't have a float spool.
I'm not sure what you're looking at, the inlet is the only port on that end. On the same end on the other side is the pressure relief adjustment, the tank port and power beyond port are at the opposite end. The power beyond port is the center port, if you do not use the power beyond plug, then the tank port can be either port at that end.

Call them for the float feature on the monoblock, I believe that it can be added, just not on the first valve.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I'm not sure what you're looking at, the inlet is the only port on that end. On the same end on the other side is the pressure relief adjustment, the tank port and power beyond port are at the opposite end. The power beyond port is the center port, if you do not use the power beyond plug, then the tank port can be either port at that end.

Call them for the float feature on the monoblock, I believe that it can be added, just not on the first valve.
https://www.hydraulicstore.com/hydr...irectional-control-stack-valves/inlets?page=1

There are 2 inlet options... 1 with a pressure port on the rear and 1 with a pressure and tank port on the top.

Not a problem.. It was just throwing me...

I like the idea of the stack valve...

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Valve arrived today. They even assembled it. I wasn't expecting that.

I think I am going to have to swap the work sections, though.

Perhaps Ill start on it tomorrow.

MtnView, thanks for the lead. Looks like a solid unit