HELP!! I bought b8200 hyd pump for b7100 and it does NOT FIT!

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
I bought part number 67810-76100 which is the hyd pump for a b8200 after reading about others on here having no problems. It does NOT FIT!

The dealer will not take it back due to it being a special order. I don't know what to do at this point as it will be $450 down the drain.

The in/out ports are opposite the stock pump and I'm pretty sure that will make the pump turn the wrong way for me to use it at all. I was going to cut my steel lines up and make it work but not sure that it spins the right way or if that is possible.

What a disaster.

Any help will be appreciated.

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
This is the stock pump back on the tractor because it is supposed to rain tomorrow and she is outside. basiclly the in and out ports are opposite. the out is bigger that the in so it make a difference. otherwise it bolts right up.

my b7100 is a late model 4x4 hst with 6 lug rims.

let me know if you have any more questions.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First where did you get that part #?
If it was from the dealer, then make them take it back as they didn't sell you the right part# or at least didn't tell you there was 2 pump models for the B8200.
Sadly I think I know your problem, there is 2 different pumps, one is a direct drive and one is a geared drive.
Direct drive is 67111-76103
Geared drive is 67810-76100

But just to make sure:
When you line up the bases the same direction the B7100's pump has the large at the top and the small at the bottom right, and when you take and place the base of the new B8200 pump the same direction the small ends up on top and the large at the bottom.

If that's true then yes you have a pump that is driven by a gear case, and yes the gear case reverses direction.
Now all you need to do is get the gear case and parts, I know not the answer you wanted to hear!
this is the route I would go as it will give you the biggest gain, but it's more money.

Another option would be to take the guts out of the other pump and refresh your pump, while not Ideal it would be a salvage and you would get better performance.

The picture on the right is the direct drive pump.

Attachments

Last edited:

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
this may be great news!!! i specificly asked for the pump that bolted to the back of the inj pump!!! can you send the diagram for the correct pump? the above diagram is of the actual pump i got, they even sold me that gasket (part 16) for the front of the plate.

they said if i come in today and show them they MIGHT switch it out. so i hope this works.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
First where did you get that part #?
If it was from the dealer, then make them take it back as they didn't sell you the right part# or at least didn't tell you there was 2 pump models for the B8200.
Sadly I think I know your problem, there is 2 different pumps, one is a direct drive and one is a geared drive.
Direct drive is 67111-76103
Geared drive is 67810-76100

But just to make sure:
When you line up the bases the same direction the B7100's pump has the large at the top and the small at the bottom right, and when you take and place the base of the new B8200 pump the same direction the small ends up on top and the large at the bottom.

If that's true then yes you have a pump that is driven by a gear case, and yes the gear case reverses direction.
Now all you need to do is get the gear case and parts, I know not the answer you wanted to hear!
this is the route I would go as it will give you the biggest gain, but it's more money.

Another option would be to take the guts out of the other pump and refresh your pump, while not Ideal it would be a salvage and you would get better performance.

The picture on the right is the direct drive pump.

Wolf - U de MAN! :D
you need to change or handle to "man of many diagrams" ....excellent work - as usual !:D

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
Hey wolf, any chance for the other diagram? I want to go in the morn and try to get them to exchange this!

Thx

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
I'm an idiot!! You put in your post the small pic has the diagram of the pump I need!

Is it me or does the the little diagram say the pump I need is part # 6711-7610?
There also seems to be a dash next to it. do you have the rest of the diagram or know what the diagram number is? i want to have all my bases covered when i go back in there tomorrow.

Thx

Last edited:

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
ok so they are letting me exchange the pump!!!! not sure what the restocking fee will be yet as they are ordering the new to make sure it will work before we finalize everything.

the pump in the diagram part# 6711-7610-0 is superseded with part# 6711-7610-3, which is the pump wolfman said i needed. just wanted to clear up any confusion for anyone else attempting this.

ill keep everyone posted on if i notice any improvements.

does anyone know where i can buy a hyd pressure gauge so i can reset the pressure to 2000 psi?

also, is there a thread on how to re-shim on a b7100hstd somewhere?

thx

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For a gauge you might try a Tractor Supply, or one of their competitors.

Something like this will work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2500-PSI-2-...351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5405b17f17

Or you could check Ebay for others. You don't need anything fancy. You just need a place to connect the gauge into your hyd. system.

On tractors with remotes you can buy a coupler that matches those on the tractor and connect the gauge right to the remote.

Keep the gauge in your tool box for future needs.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You do not want to mess with the pressure on a b7100, the whole system was designed at 1710PSI and any more pressure will cause damage.

And as far as gauges go EBay, but you will have to get an adapter as all the fittings on that tractor are BSPT and not NPT.

tradin1

Equipment
b7100
May 17, 2013
tx
Dealer switched the pump out today. Bolted right up!

Is there a suggested way to top off the hyd fluid and procedure for checking the fluid level?

Thx

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Fill it till it hits the dipstick and stop. :p
Second suggestion, go to Kubotabooks.com and download the service manual, and why your there download the parts and Ops manuals too.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I too have a B7100 (1994 model -- 6 bolt front hubs). The pump is bolted directly to the engine casting, not to a bolt-on gear drive. Based on this thread, I thought I would need the direct drive, 67111-76103 NOT the gear driven 67810-76100.

In MPope03's thread, he found an inexpensive source for the pumps. One is tagged "67810-76100" (a right hand pump) on their website. The other is a mirror image, with opposite rotation (a left hand pump). So I bought that one.

I now have the exact same problem as tradin1. The pump fits nicely but the connections are reversed!

I'm so confused. Something doesn't add up. Maybe Whitehouse Products mis-labelled their pump (in which case, MPope03 got real lucky, ordered the wrong pump which ended up being the right pump). Or Kubota changed something between my B7100 and tradin1's B7100.

My drive tang does rotate opposite to the direction of engine rotation. IE: looking at the front of the engine, the fan rotates counter clockwise and the drive tang rotates clockwise.

So my question, then, is 67111-76103 a right-hand pump (rotates clockwise when viewed from the drive tang) or left hand pump? The following two images illustrate the difference:

(a right hand pump. IE: rotates clockwise when viewed from drive end)

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Torch, after rereading your post, I think you answered your own question. When I was ordering an after market pump for a project I was told "Direction is determined by facing the shaft the pump is powered by. If it's spinning clock wise, you need a right rotation pump. If it's spinning counter clockwise, then you need a reverse rotation pump". In my case I was looking for a pump to couple to a shaft on an engine.

If your drive tang that powers the pump is spinning clockwise then you need the right rotation pump.

If the drive tang is spinning counter clockwise, then you need the reverse rotation pump.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Yes, thanks, I get that. I guess I should have physically checked before I bought the pump instead of going by numbers.

I'm trying to determine where the numbers went wrong.

Am I correct that gear number 13 in this image that wolfman posted:

is driven by gear J in this diagram?

If so, then the gear drive pump is left hand, and the direct drive pump is right hand. Which means that Whitehouse has it backwards.

Ironman2

Equipment
L185 or L1501, tiller, brush mower
Aug 28, 2018
Warburg, AB, Canada
Yes, thanks, I get that. I guess I should have physically checked before I bought the pump instead of going by numbers.
FWIW, Gear pumps and vane pumps are easy to reverse. If you have the confidence to take the pump apart and reverse the housing with the ports you have done it. A gear pump will pump in either rotation, but with the intake being the small discharge port, the pumping capacity would be reversed.

Here is a video of how it is done, I have done it quite a few times myself. Note...keep it very clean.
Hit the mute, that video music sucks.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
FWIW, Gear pumps and vane pumps are easy to reverse.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already looked at that and unfortunately the bolt pattern is asymmetrical, so it can't be reversed.