Missing my Orange

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Over in the land of Mahindra for work and missing my Orange. We just see their tractors in the US, but they also make cars, trucks, SUV's. Everything on the tractor front I've seen is 2WD and on the Grand L size. Very basic, no cabs or other options that I've seen. Massey Fergusson seems to be the other big player in this area as well.

Can't wait to get back home to play on mine.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I use to know a plant super that went to india to build a coal prep plant,,, he said he would quit before he ever went back,, he never said why but I got the impression he didnt like that place

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I am in India for a week in Bangalore. It is quite the shock to see the lack of infrastructure. No expressways, I've yet to see a traffic signal, streets are, well, dirt ruts that 3-4 vehicles try to occupy at the same time. Power goes off and on multiple times a day. I could go on and on but I'll stick with the positive points here.

According to the people here, this place is growing by 500 thousand a year and they have no planning or zoning. Other cities that do not have this influx do have better infrastructure (or so I'm told). I leave Sunday morning for a week in Rotterdam and then back home. The joys of having a team that is globally dispersed.

Food is OK, but I will eat just about anything you put in front of me. That being said, I could really go for a good steak right about now...

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
So many Americans have no clue as to how good we have it in this country. They hold nothing about our country sacred and of value. Only by seeing how the other parts of the world live can you truly understand how precious our country is and how important it is that we preserve and defend it.

I grew up in Germany during the 60's. That was nothing like the chaos it has become today. I have a friend who has spent the last two months in London and he can't wait to get out of there. I remember in the 60's what a wonderful place London was. That London is no more.

Value it. Protect it. Or, lose it forever.

Ray

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
So many Americans have no clue as to how good we have it in this country. They hold nothing about our country sacred and of value. Only by seeing how the other parts of the world live can you truly understand how precious our country is and how important it is that we preserve and defend it.

I grew up in Germany during the 60's. That was nothing like the chaos it has become today. I have a friend who has spent the last two months in London and he can't wait to get out of there. I remember in the 60's what a wonderful place London was. That London is no more.

Value it. Protect it. Or, lose it forever.

Ray

Well said, thank you.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
+1 To CaveCreekRay and everyone else. I've traveled to South Africa, India, Chile, Mexico and many other places and am continuously overwhelmed by the poverty and lack of basic living conditions we as Americans take for granted.

I have all my photo's uploaded to my Google Cloud account. I will post a link sometime today. Internet access here even at our office is challenging

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks John. What you say is so true.

I lived in the Far East 6 years. I was always amazed to see people in a ditch digging. Over there they were called "benjo" ditches, which were ditches that were formed with concrete and had a concrete cover, for moving sewage to the ocean. You could not tell the men from the women. They all had hardhats on and a shove in their hands.

When you got on a public bus men would not stand to let a woman set in their seat. There were no differences.

So when the woman's rights stuff started in the US, and women got outspoken if you opened a door for them, I would think of those orientals who had no privileges, and wonder if these prima donnas could handle that!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ohh I see your not hard to pick out, your really pale lookin guy :D

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Yup. That's me. When we are out and about it is very common for people to walk up and ask for a picture with us, especially my friend from Belgium. They are not used to someone almost 7' tall and 300lbs. Pretty funny.

We will be heading out to a shopping district this afternoon and to a palace and temple on Saturday so I'll have a few more shots to post in the Google link.. I am looking forward to being up in the Netherlands next week and finding a good steak

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My wife did a year remote to Korea in the USAF. Tall blondes are rare over there. She would go shopping in the local markets and young girls and their moms would come over and greet her like she was some kind of celebrity. My wife shuns attention and it took awhile to get used to.

The people in Korea were exceptionally nice and friendly.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
The people in India were very friendly. I was stopped around a dozen times at the temples and palace we visited on Saturday so people could take photo's with me. I was happy to oblige. Finishing the upload of photo's to Google this morning. Glad to be at my next stop in Rotterdam and have a steak for dinner. A good single malt scotch and a cigar didn't hurt either. Back in the US late Thursday and weather permitting plan to be out and about with my B3200 cutting firewood Saturday.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
As another person who traveled nearly his entire life, I can say unequivocally that Dorothy was correct when she said, "There is no place like home."

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
CCR said: "The people in Korea were exceptionally nice and friendly."
That is what my dad said when he spoke of his time in Korea. He was not a big man, (5'6", maybe 130lbs) so he always felt he was a little less intimidating to the Koreans, especially the children. He also said the Korean Rangers were excellent soldiers, far better than average ROKA grunts.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Buddy of mine said the ROK fighters were so fierce, after one battle with the NVA in Thailand at a ROK base, the NVA NEVER attacked a ROK base again. I guess they were brutal and they chased and caught the fleeing NVA fighters and left them as a warning for the rest of the NVA. It was like kicking a fire ant colony.

Sherman was right: War is hell

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Having traveled a little, I appreciate the US, big time.

The cultures are completely different on other areas/countries. The women will throw themselves at you, I guess to marry an American (and they come back here with you). Prostitution is rampant. Roads? You mean dirt paths? Where I was (Southern Mexico), the main transportation was on Mules and Horses, as well as by boat and on foot. The rich had cars and when they wore out, they were scrapped and the normal folks could use some of the scrapped parts.

As much as we gripe about Kim K's big back side being on the news again and how badly our government officials are hated, always remember....it could be worse. Be thankful for what you have and since it's that time again, thank a veteran. I do it more often than I should and you'd be surprised how many vets will nearly shed a tear and tell me that they'd not heard anyone say that before.