B2400 hydraulic block install (PICS)

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
I bought a B2400 in the spring this year and have spent the summer going through it. I'll post pic's of the paint and cab refurbish when I'm done but wanted to quickly post this hydraulic install I just completed.

I had a hard time finding anything on the net that showed how to do this.
Once you have the parts it's REALLY easy.

Hope this helps anyone looking to do the same.

On the B2400 the hydraulic block will be installed on the right side of the tractor (if sitting in the seat)

I've already taken the block-off plate here. Just two 12mm blots hold it on.

Here is the block off plate (topside)

The underside of the block off plate. The two ports are allowed to flow through this plate via this channel.

New hydraulic block from Kubota Dealer. Part #75536-68113. Cost was $18.87. The hydraulic block does NOT include the NPT to JIC fitting. Those fittings are 1/4"NPT to 3/8" JIC. They were about $3.00 each in the hydraulic section of Princess Auto.

This side has the relief for the O-rings. O-rings are NOT included when you buy the block.

This is the size of O-ring that fits the Block (R-10). It's a Standard size O-ring, not Metric.

When installing the block, a little hydraulic oil helps keep the O-rings in place.

New hydraulic block installed.

I was not ready to hook-up a hydraulic spool valve yet so I had to make a bypass tube to connect the two ports. Short piece of 3/8" tubing with back-up sleeves and nut installed before I flare the tube.

I have an Eastwood flaring tool that does an excellent job. Super easy to use as well.

Limited to 10 pic's per post. CONTINUED.

Last edited:

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
This tool does not come with the 37* flaring cones needed for JIC fittings. It comes with the standard 45*. Eastwood sells the 37* tooling for this tool. The turret block pops right off and the 37* turret pops in it's place. 1st you loosely clamp the tube

"OP 0" bottomed out.

Then switch to "OP 1" in the correct size

This is how the end of the tube looks after bottoming out the "OP 1" die.

'OP 2" is the cone used to create the double flare.

And after "OP 2"

Perfect 37* flare

So much easier than a hand/manual flaring tool.

Bent it 180* so I could connect it to the new Hydraulic block.

This is the day I brought the B2400 home.

That's it. I'll update when I connect to the spool valve.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Thanks, nice clear layout of your project. The details make it easy for anyone to see the whole picture and understand.

One question. You got the new plate from Kubota, so one would assume the O-ring would be metric. How did you determine it wasn't?

BobbyK

Equipment
1995 B2400
May 20, 2018
Petrolia, Ontario
Not sure what happend to the pic's.

I agree, they should be metric.
I have both a Metric and Standard O-ring kits and I tried both kinds.
The metric was either too big or too small.