L3301 Hydraulic problem

Keanan

Oct 22, 2018
Chicago IL
Hi. I'm sorry but I'm new to this site and looking for some help. I tried to start a new thread but didn't find the button so I'm hoping you guys will cut me some slack. (edit, thanks to North Idaho Wolfman for helping me start my own thread!)

My dad has a new L3301D with a LA525 loader attachment. Recently it has started acting funny. I found a video showing the exact problem but his fix didn't help us. The tractor has the HST, and the PTO control only has two positions; on and off. The problem is the loader goes very slow in the raise and lower function unless using the dump/roll function at the same time. The dump/roll function works fine. The video I watched said to make sure the pto was in the off position which ours is. Another blog I came across said to make sure the 3ph is not in the full down position, that it might be in a "float" mode, but then the more I read, it is always in a float as there isn't down pressure. I'm looking for some help. The tractor only has about 100 hours on it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Try this.

Move the 3ph lever from full up to somewhere other than up, and then see if your loader works better.

Does the power steering act jerky if you steer it from full left to full right?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Another possibility would be a quick disconnect is either not seated completely or bad.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the loader lines. ;)

Keanan

Oct 22, 2018
Chicago IL
Try this.

Move the 3ph lever from full up to somewhere other than up, and then see if your loader works better.

Does the power steering act jerky if you steer it from full left to full right?

I knew I came to the right place. The lever was in the full up position which was causing the issue. It makes me wonder why Kubota would allow this to happen. Why not put a stop just before the area that would cause the hydraulics to bypass.

None the less, thanks for the help!

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
Kubota actually doesn't let it happen, a miss adjusted feedback rod on the three point hitch does. Sounds like yours need to be adjusted. Down load the WSM Here and follow the adjustment procedures on PDF page 565 and it should fix it.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I knew I came to the right place. The lever was in the full up position which was causing the issue. It makes me wonder why Kubota would allow this to happen. Why not put a stop just before the area that would cause the hydraulics to bypass.

None the less, thanks for the help!

They (usually) don't let it happen. In my nearly 30 years of dealing with tractors (and 25 of that with Kubota), I've never seen it happen on new tractors.

That said....

What I have seen (and frequently) are cheesy 3ph levers that bend too easily, which then throws the entire adjustment off a little. One of my complaints with Kubota, and they hear about it about twice a month.

It can be adjusted out easily but you have to know what to look for. You'll be adjusting the feedback link. LH side of 3ph rockshaft. WSM shows it and shows the proper way to adjust it by way of 3ph free-travel.