Vehicle Buying

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Subaru was approaching the 100K mark, no problems but the wife drove it to work so we need reliability. Went looking, drove the Honda CRVs and HRV and not bad for the price, and as a side note when did vehicles get so expensive? We had not really looked at vehicles for 10 years so sticker shock to say the least. Then we went to Toyota and drove the RAV4, again not a bad little SUV. After that test drive I noticed another SUV on the lot, a Lincoln MKC Reserve. I made the mistake of driving it and told the wife "I want this vehicle". It was solid, 2.3 Ecoboost Turbo and just about every accessory you can imagine. I made the sales guy an offer, he went to his manager (SOP), came back and said they could not do that and quoted me a price. We walked out and the game of chicken ensued. Over the next few days the wife kept saying "don't you thing you should call", but being an ex purchasing agent I held out until he emailed me one Saturday during a blizzard. I was not doing anything and he probably was not too busy so we negotiated by email. Long story short I bought a Lincoln from the comfort of my easy chair. Nice little SUV and power to spare, always wanted an Ecoboost but thought it would be in an F150.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Congrats! We recently joined the Lincoln family- 2017MKX. We love this vehicle.
Comfy, quiet, powerful, lots of bells & whistles to play with & enjoy.
Here's a pic of Abe.

Attachments

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
We were definitely no looking for one like this but when fate intervenes you have to go with it. The engine sold me, that little thing can get up and go. Is that a dark gray? Looks nice and the X is longer than the C. Our's is that metallic blue with of all things cream leather interior, never dreamed I would buy leather much less a light color. Hopefully the wife will keep it clean and knowing her she will. I assume you got the 2.3 Ecoboost with the X. What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yup, it's called Magnetic Grey Metallic. Black interior. Ours has the 3.5L, not as zippy as the Ecoboost twin turbo, but still respectable. Yours should get better mileage; (if you can keep your foot out of it :D) ours gets 17.8mpg city, not sure what it will do on the highway, with the caregiver thing, we seldom can get away.
Oddly enough, ours has the towing package. Unusual on a luxury SUV.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Got almost 300k out of the 99 and 240k out of the last one and if this one goes as long it will be my last,, yep all my GMs and Chevys have given me bocoup miles with very little trouble,, with exception of the 90 she loved to eat starters

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
My neighbor, who does his own vehicle maintenance and repair, has over 250K on his diesel Dodge pickup and 150K on his wife's Toyota 4Runner. My experience is that once my vehicles hit the 100K level they start nickel and dimeing me. The wife's vehicle needs to be the most dependable and that is why I started looking before we had to, good to be able to walk away instead of having to buy. I will be driving the MKC very little so too much to ask me to "keep my foot out of it", lol, those turbos need to be exercised right?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Yes to the turbos needing"" exercise"". They get "gummed" up, Honey, if you don't blow them out once in a while. Sounds good to me!!!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Took it out for a spin and "exercised" the turbos, never did get it floored. When the turbos kick in it literally pushes you back in your seat, never thought that would happen with an SUV. I definitely see why you like it Lil Foot, so solid and comfortable to drive and lots of toys to play with.

prof.fate

Equipment
75 L175, 14 toro timesaver, Landpride boxblade, countyline auger
Nov 9, 2017
Beaver, PA
buying new the internet is on your side. bought my last new truck that way, via email. got it for thousands less than I thought i would.

Last subaru sitting at the desk, they gave be $750 below invoice...using my phone I found the same car across town for $750 less yet...they matched it.

Used...well, they can pull up auto trader and show they have the lowest priced vehicle in 100 mile radius..not much incentive for them to come down on it!

Bought my kioti of the internet too - other than I did test drive it and other models at the dealer before signign the paperwork. Options, price, etc all done before I made the hour drive.

Enjoy your new ride!