L2600 starting

clippking

Equipment
L2600
Oct 21, 2018
Albany
My L2600 in sitting in a shale pit - won't start. I have a bucket full of shale in the loader and a trailer with two buckets full of shale. I tried to drive away and forgot i had the parking brake on and stalled hard. Now it won't start, just clicks once strongly when the key is turned, like it would with a dead battery. I brought my lawn tractor to it and jumped it for about 20 minutes still just clicks, any ideas where to go next?

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Clipp. You came to the right place to get answers.

Sorry, I can't help much but someone will be by shortly who can.

I would be checking all the safety switches first.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is the click under the dash or side of the motor?

If it's under the dash then it's probably got a safety switch that is stopping it from getting to the starter.

If it's a load click on the side of the motor (at the starter) then it sounds like you've locked up the motor, have a bad main + battery connection at the starter, or have a failed starter.

Make sure the tractor is in neutral, set the parking brake, key to on and use a wire to jump from the main battery+ terminal on the starter to the small solenoid wire to see if it will start.

clippking

Equipment
L2600
Oct 21, 2018
Albany
Thanks Wolfman, Click is definitely from the engine, not dash. Tried a fresh battery just to be sure, no difference. I'll have to go back with a wire and try that. Almost seems like the starter is stuck or hung up somehow. Would rolling it a little bit make a difference? Not entirely sure how since Ive got a lot of weight in it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Take a pipe wrench with you and see if you can get to the splined shaft on the front of the crank, to turn the motor. ;)

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
I just encountered this same symptom. Turn the key and "click" then nothing. Shut off the key and try start procedure again (i.e. light glow light for about 5 seconds the turn to start), and then it started up.

I am also curious if this means my starter is getting a "dead spot". On an old car that had this problem I would whack the starter with a hammer a couple of times and then the car would start. Eventually replaced the starter but is something similar happening to my B2710?? Thanks, Keith

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My L2600 in sitting in a shale pit - won't start. I have a bucket full of shale in the loader and a trailer with two buckets full of shale. I tried to drive away and forgot i had the parking brake on and stalled hard. Now it won't start, just clicks once strongly when the key is turned, like it would with a dead battery. I brought my lawn tractor to it and jumped it for about 20 minutes still just clicks, any ideas where to go next?
Wiggle the PTO lever ......if by chance it got bumped, see if that has anything to do with it starting.