New Orange in the shed

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Our old MTD Yardman finally mowed it's last. We got a Husqvarna YTH24V48 (I know, not a Kubota) to get into the places the BX2350 won't fit. Got about 1.5 hours on it so far and it seems to be doing OK. I loaded the tires with Washer fluid (almost 4 gallons in the rears and 1 1/2 gallons in the fronts). When trying to back uphill in the back yard the drive tires still spin a bit (probably about 3/4 turn before getting traction). Does anyone make wheel weights for the 10 inch rear rims? I contacted Husqvarna, and their web site says that Item number 9540401-02 (50 pounds each) wheel weights would fit. Got them ordered and sent here. WRONG ! ! ! Those are for the 14 inch and 15 inch wheels. Husky said that once the carton is opened, they are mine, NO RETURNS. I think I can use them on the BX, if needed.

Also, is there a Service Manual available for down load? Husky Customer Service says that Service Manuals are available ONLY to their dealers (that sucks).

Thanks, in advance for any help or advice. Pictures of New Orange to follow.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why did you load the front tires?
Your fronts do not drive so they should not be loaded, that could be contributing to the hard pull up the hill backwards, it's just trying to drag static weight.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Why did you load the front tires?
Your fronts do not drive so they should not be loaded, that could be contributing to the hard pull up the hill backwards, it's just trying to drag static weight.
Wolfman,

You caught me ! ! ! I messed up as I was working on both the husky and the BX at the same time. I put new tires on the BX and loaded them with W/S fluid. Because of all the thorns around here I put Slime in the tires on the Husky. I put 1 quart in each back tire and 1 pint in each front tire. I wanted to load the rears, but it would not work with the Slime. I'm trying to find wheel weights for the 10 inch rear wheels on this thing. So far, no luck.

Thanks for the reply and great catch ! ! !

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Well, I finally got around to taking pictures of the new Husky. I like the way it handles and the BERY tight turning radius. (LOTS tighter than the Yardman we had before.) Being it is a 24 hp Brigs v-twin, it is amore thirsty than the 17.5 hp single cylinder Brigs in the Yardman. (Power costs.) Very good ride with the high back seat. Because of the thorn vines around the edge of our property, I put Slime in all 4 tires. While mowing, I noticed that it would spin the rear tires when trying to go in reverse up the 5 degree back yard. I finally found some 32 pound wheel weights that fit the rears. WOW, what a difference ! ! ! There are now about 8 hours on it, and things are looking good.

New Orange 001.jpg

New Orange 002.jpg

New Orange 003.jpg

New Orange 004.jpg

Sorry about the dirty pictures. I didn't take time to wash it first.

The only problem I'm having is that after about 5 hours or run time it has started to be hard to start after sitting over night. Seems like it has to pump the fuel all the way from the tank. Once it has started, it will restart instantly. Could this be an adjustment of the carb or choke, or maybe a fuel pump problem? I'll be in touch with dealer this week about it. And, YES, it is under warrantee.

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Well, I got the hard starting problem fixed. It turned out that the throttle cable clamp was loose and it wasn't getting the choke completely closed. After a couple tries, I got it right and tightened real good. I don't know if it was loose from the factory or if it vibrated loose. Now it only takes about 10 seconds of cranking the first time for the day for it to fire up. After that, it only takes about 3 seconds every time to get it running.

The place i purchased it says they don't do service or repairs. Closest dealer is about 60 miles away (TOO FAR for me to take it there). I finally called B&S and they talked me through what to check and adjust. Took all of about 20 minutes from start to finish. GREAT customer service.

Dave