Ignition wiring: Switch ON

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
OK, I've likely spent over 90 cumulative minutes over the last several hours trying to find a wiring diagram or illustration showing what I'm looking for. I've tried Google, Google image, OTT, TBN, and the Kubota WSM site. I hate asking here what surely has been covered, but I'm apparently unable to find it anywhere so here goes:

I'm trying to install a dash mounted voltmeter to my B2650 HST ROPS. My intention is to rig it up directly to battery via a relay triggered by the ignition-on switch position. I've disconnected the ignition plug from the ignition and stared at it over several drinks. I have identified the 12v+ port (1 of 4) and have my suspicions on which one I need to tap, but cannot verify. 2 red wires, one 12v, the other 0v, 1 red w/white stripe, one orange - the latter 2 reading a low voltage at disconnect.

Before I resort to stripping random wires mid-run to test voltage, was hoping someone might be able to tell me which one is powered by ignition-ON switch.

OR... If I've drank my way over an obvious alternate solution... I'd love to hear that, as well.

This is my first full day off being able to work on this thing I've had, probably since I got it. I've never enjoyed wasting a day so much. (And no, I haven't been working on THIS particular project all day, I actually managed to complete a couple other related tasks prior to this!)

Thanks in advance!

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Should be simple.
No relay needed.
Connect into the Acc circuit either at the igntion switch or the fuse panel.

I have marked the wire in Red.

It should show 12 volts to ground when key in ACC or ON but 0 volts with key off

A simple test light probing back side of the terminal you are holding will easily tell the story but the terminal has to be plugged in

Dave

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Don’t know how your b set up but on my l I had a similar problem,had the volt meter with my switch panel for my lights,when I originally wired the switches they had the back lights on all the time,I looked at the fuse box and it had a fuse labeled work light which didn’t seem to power anything on mine,I tapped into that to power my switches and volt meter,added benefit is my son who loves to turn all the lights on can’t do it with the key not being on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
For future reference to others:

B2650 HST ROPS Ignition:

The red wire (0v unplugged) adjacent to the 12v supply line is, in fact, hot when keyed on (12v). I tapped into it for my dash mounted voltmeter. Works perfectly so far!