Dual rear remotes on my B2650

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Finally an update.

I did end up moving the valve over to the right side. Even though there is physically not as much room than there is on the left, based on the required configuration of the valve, it fit better on the right.

The 3 pt supply I ALMOST had... The threads are a size 6 BPP. I got that fitting locally... But there just isn't enough available height to squeeze a 90 on top of the threaded fitting. And there isnt enough room to spin in a 90... So unless I find something between now and tomorrow when I have the hoses made, it'll have to be the Kubota fitting.

I was able to thread in a SAE 8 90 x female pipe thread into the power beyond on the loader valve, which does eliminate the fitting from Kubota AND pulls the fitting in closer to the frame. I did have to loosen the loader line just behind it to thread it in, but no issues otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Originally I wasn't going to use quick connects... But the orientation of the valve, and the fact I don't have a connection for the second spool yet... It made things easier.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Looks good eipo. I cant believe that I never thought of mounting mine like that! It sure looks like it will work good. I figured the 3 pt fitting would be a no go. Really tight in there. Looks like you are getting close. You will really enjoy it. Was using mine today with the top link. Really handy.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
It was so close too, 1/16th of an inch and it would have worked.

I think that banjo adapter will fit the bill.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Everything plumbed and working like a charm. I did order a Banjo to JIC fitting. Once that arrives, Ill have the hose that runs from the valve to the 3 point shortened drastically.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Looks good eipo. Glad you got it up and working.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thanks for all your help.

Once I get the banjo fitting, Ill compile a parts list. If that fitting works, this can all be done without kubota specific parts.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Here it is....

Can't stick it on tonite. Maybe tomorrow.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
That will work!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
All wrapped up. My original intent was to run this around the back side, but the 3 point arm would interfere with it in the raised position. I sized the hose to run that way, so it was a relief when it was the PERFECT length to run around the front of the seat support and under.

Here is the banjo to JIC fitting.....

This shows the power beyond port at the loader valve.... I did have to loosen the connection just above this to spin in the fitting, but it didn't need much.

Now for some part numbers....

From Surplus Center...

Valve: https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...rince-MB21GB5C1-DA-Valve-w-Float-9-7862-F.axd

Cylinder: https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...Double-Acting-Top-Link-Cylinder-9-7682-08.axd

Sae 8 Oring to 3/8 female pipe thread 90 for the power beyond at the loader valve. This replaces the Kubota part which is a SAE 8 Oring to 3/8 male pipe thread that you have to put a 90 onto anyway : https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/6805-08-06-8-saeorb-male-x-38-nptf-female-90.html

3/8 male pipe thread by male pipe thread for the 90 in the loader PB port: https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/5404-06-06-38-nptf-male-x-38-nptf-male.html

From there you'll make up a hose with a Female swivel pipe thread to connect to the PB port and run to the valve.

For the PB port on the valve to the 3 point, whatever manner of fitting at the valve to accomplish the connection based on where you mount the valve.... But You can replace this part...

https://www.messicks.com/part/7j056-84300/tube-pb-fl

With this one....

https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/3059-06-06-38-male-jic-x-38-bsp-banjo.html

And save yourself some more money AND not have the hose connection hanging down closer to the tire. The hole that the banjo bolt goes through did need to be reamed out a little... My bolt measured 16.84mm and the banjo hole was 16.72mm. I chucked a drill bit into the cordless drill and opened the hole up till the bolt fit. Took about 5 minutes.

The rest of the fittings are whatever you need to make it work on your tractor. The banjo bolt for the 3 point is a 6, or 3/8 BSPP thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Little custom bend so the inner handle clears the seat.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Now that it is all done, what implements are you going to use it for?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
The landscape rake is what drove the decision. I need to have the top link float and that required removing the quick hitch so I could pin the top link into the slot on the rake. Yes, I could have used the quick hitch adapter, but this is just, better.

The land plane and box scraper will also see a huge benefit. Tilting the tiller up for getting on and off the trailer.... I also now have an extra rear remote if I ever want to rent something or buy a snow blower with a hydraulic chute....

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Hey eipo. Looks good! How does everything work with the new valve? Also, I dont remember if you posted or not, was the new valve close in price to the Prince valve? Does the quality of the new one seem better?

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Everything works as it should. The throw on the float spool to get to the float detent is a little longer than the prince valve.

It was about $320 to my door, and that included 2 different length handles.

Quality..... that's a tough one. Its better because it works. But I'm not going to bad mouth prince over the dud, it happens. It was certainly easier to get all the fittings on it because the sections could be split. I was able to install the proper fittings right into the valve rather than have to convert o ring to pipe thread and then install a female swivel so 90s could be connected. But that's more a function of my particular layout than anything else. Its smoother in function, not quite at notchy feeling.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Just found this thread, and bumping it to the top for reference. Great read!

I need to track down some parts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Okay. I’ve been waiting for my Fit Rite top link very patiently, and it should arrive before summer. I took some time today to order all of the rear remote items that are shown above, and should receive them soon-ish.

Since I have a 3rd function remote on my loader, the Power Beyond port on my loader valve feeds that. The outlet on the 3rd function valve is routed to the pressure inlet on the 3-point. Oddly, I see no drain to the tank on the 3rd function valve... Is this possibly because it is an electrically activated valve?

I’m planning to just link the rear remote valve stack in the series by feeding the inlet from the 3rd function outlet, and then the rear remote PBY can feed the 3-point inlet. I’ll figure out the tank drain...

Sound ok, or am I missing anything?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: