Service/Parts Manual

Noble1512

Equipment
L1501DT
Feb 17, 2009
Devon, UK
I have just purchased an old L1501DT and want to get hold of a Service/Parts Manual. Does anyone now where I can get one please.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey there Noble, very speedy sign up to the new forum. I think I just sent that email 60 seconds ago. In either case, yes, I do believe that Service Dept Vic might have manuals for your L1501.

The manuals for gray market Kubotas will come in two flavors, depending on availability:

1) the original JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) manuals - these are rare, typically wayyyyyy out of print and always have Japanese. That being said, sometimes these are all that are available.

2) a manual for the "North American" equivalent to your L1501 (which I do not remember off the top of my head - Vic will know). In other words, if you can get your hands on the manuals for the Kubota that is just like yours, but sold in North America, that's just as well.

I'll let Vic know to come have a look at this post and give his 2 cents. Thanks for joining up!

RevDoc

Feb 17, 2009
Flyover Country
Mr. K, a listing of manuals you have available in a sticky thread on the forum might save a lot of endless retyping.

I suspect there will be endless discussion even with the service manual in hand, as they are so poorly executed... although the unintentional levity of the Ingrish translations does lighten the mood somewhat.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
RevDoc, not a bad idea - we used to run an eBay store that listed and sold strictly reference literature for Kubotas so there are lots and lots of manuals around here and there.

Reams and reams of parts, operators and service manuals. I'll have to sit down and look over our inventory and make up a list... Vic's not gonna like me routing around in his office touching things.

Noble1512

Equipment
L1501DT
Feb 17, 2009
Devon, UK
Hi,

That is most kind. I would be very grateful for any advice. I think the US version of the L1501DT was the 185?? I'm sure you will be able to correct me.

Noble

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
Hey there again - yes the L185 is the closest North American equivalent to your L1501. That being said, the L185 lacks the "creeper" gears that your L1501 has so I would call the L185 a 95% equivalent to your L1501.

In other words, yes, if you get your hands on manuals for the L185 you should be all set. Off the top of my head I believe we do have a parts manual for that one and probably a service manual too - PM Vic or email at vic@orangetractortalks.com and he'll thumb through his stash of manuals. RevDoc is right, I need to get organized and make a list.

lens

Equipment
Too many to list
Feb 25, 2009
DIXON,IL
I would recommend getting the correct parts book for your tractor. Not the closest domestic models book. There are some differences. I hate paying a restocking charge, because I ordered the wrong part. We have most of the older grey tractor & mini excavator manuals & some newer ones. I can get the ones that we don't have from my Japanese suppliers.

edowns

Equipment
B1600
Dec 21, 2011
Salop, UK
Hi
I have just bought a B 1502 M.
It came as a grey import from Japan and I'd like to get the operators, parts and service manuals. Any suggestions as to what manuals I am looking for / what this is called in the US, and where they are available at a "reasonable" price, ideally electronically?
Thanks

08k8

Equipment
L2000DT
Feb 13, 2012
Illinois, USA
What is the north american equivalent model number to my L2000DT tractor? I would like to get a manual as I begin to service it.

fechty

Equipment
B1702DT
Feb 28, 2012
France
B1702 D Service Manual

Hi there everyone,

I have recently purchased a kubota B1702 D in France, it was supplied with the operating manual but no service manual. Does anybody have any idea where I might be able to find this? If not what I am really interested in is how to empty and fill the transmission?

Many thanks in advance,

Best,

O