Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Default Re: Hydraulic cylinder leak repair, unknown make

Here's a picture of one method used to secure the end cap. It has two holes and you need to unthread that end. I made a tool to easily turn. Some would use a pipe wrench. Some use a punch to get it to turn. It's easiest to get the end cap off with the other end of the cylinder still attached to the tractor so it doesn't move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frantz filter 030.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	40084   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frantz filter 031.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	40085   Click image for larger version

Name:	Frantz filter 033.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	40086  

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Lil Foot

Master Tech

Equipment: 1979 B7100DT Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionclone View Post
mine has a little tab on top where the rod goes in
Like the pic? If so, you have a circular retainer type- the wire (clip) is pulled out while you rotate the end cap to assist you. The vid shows the general procedure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpt4ihNGGQ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	house 060.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	40092  
'79 B7100DT, B219FEL, B670 Backhoe with 10" & (2) 14" Buckets, 60" Curtis front blade, GC Forks, 42" Gannon box blade, 60" 920lb roller, 4'x4' rock skid, 272lbs wheel weights, Hodge Stabilizers, small dump trailer, 2nd B670 Backhoe for parts, Piranha Toothbar
Lil Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Lil Foot

Master Tech

While we are on the subject, here is a wrench I made for the end caps for the cylinders on my B670 Backhoe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0367r.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	40093  
'79 B7100DT, B219FEL, B670 Backhoe with 10" & (2) 14" Buckets, 60" Curtis front blade, GC Forks, 42" Gannon box blade, 60" 920lb roller, 4'x4' rock skid, 272lbs wheel weights, Hodge Stabilizers, small dump trailer, 2nd B670 Backhoe for parts, Piranha Toothbar
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
motionclone
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L345DT

This is what im dealing with, its got some holes on the face of the cap and one of those holes has a small bolt holding a tab. Other cylinders on this rig are the same.

Also if anyone knows what make this backhoe is would be great to fill me in. It has an extendable dipper.

motionclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
SidecarFlip
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9000HDCC3 / M105X

Far as removing gland nuts and end caps, an adjustable pin spanner (from MSC) is one tool fits all. I think Harbor Freight has them as well.

Someone welded in the fitting on the cylinder and did a horrible job as well. I wonder what that is all about.

Gotta love backyard cobble jobs...lol
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240

Motionclone, I'm not familiar with that cylinder cap, but I'd guess the bolt holding the metal angle piece is a lock to keep the cap from turning. When the metal bracket is removed you may find two hole opposite each other. Those would be where you insert the spanner wrench and turn counter clockwise to unthread the cap.

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
motionclone
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2Cat View Post
Motionclone, I'm not familiar with that cylinder cap, but I'd guess the bolt holding the metal angle piece is a lock to keep the cap from turning. When the metal bracket is removed you may find two hole opposite each other. Those would be where you insert the spanner wrench and turn counter clockwise to unthread the cap.
OK, Yeah im going to tear into it sometime this weekend hopefully and ill update
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
motionclone
1st Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Far as removing gland nuts and end caps, an adjustable pin spanner (from MSC) is one tool fits all. I think Harbor Freight has them as well.

Someone welded in the fitting on the cylinder and did a horrible job as well. I wonder what that is all about.

Gotta love backyard cobble jobs...lol

This whole rig is cobbled up. I drove 4hrs to get it and when i got there I discovered all these undisclosed issues like super loose pins on bucket, lots of welding around pin bosses, slightly bend rams, 2 leaks, one major... I would have gone home if I didnt already have time and fuel invested in it so I lowballed him and took it home for cheap. It does dig and move rocks though and thats what i wanted it for.
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
SidecarFlip
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M9000HDCC3 / M105X

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionclone View Post
This whole rig is cobbled up. I drove 4hrs to get it and when i got there I discovered all these undisclosed issues like super loose pins on bucket, lots of welding around pin bosses, slightly bend rams, 2 leaks, one major... I would have gone home if I didnt already have time and fuel invested in it so I lowballed him and took it home for cheap. It does dig and move rocks though and thats what i wanted it for.
Loose pins are easy (so long as they aren't frozen (which requires heat and beating them out. A bar of 660CA oil impregnated bronze and some simple turning, boring and sawing will eliminate any and all slop.

I've done a few hoes before but mostly big ones. Getting the big ones apart is a chore.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
Lil Foot

Master Tech

Never seen that little 'L" clip before- I'm guessing the end cap screws out with a pin spanner and the clip is just there as a lock to keep the cap from unscrewing?