Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Tractor Operating

Tractor Operating Wondering what that strange lever does, how to safely hill climb or get into 4WD? Discover and share how to get the most out of your tractor.

Old 12-31-2018   #51
torch
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, RC54-71B, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL, homemade Cab
Default Re: B8200 strange set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigearl View Post
I messed up big, and I did deadhead the pump. I removed the damage last night, and I discovered the goody banjo bolt was not fully hollow!
Great news, I'm glad that the mystery is solved. Don't beat yourself up over making a mistake -- the man who doesn't make mistakes is either lying or dead. And if he's dead, there's a strong possibility it was due to making a mistake!

Quote:
So first big question, is my pump ok? After I heard the pop I would say it ran another 10-15 seconds then I shut it down.
Odds are the pump is fine. That's what I was referring to much earlier in this thread. The home-made banjo bolt probably acted like a safety valve and blew before anything else was damaged. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link and all that. I wouldn't look for a replacement pump unless that one is proven damaged. (If it is, and IF you have a gear drive pump, then contact me -- I can give you a good deal on a new, unused replacement that I bought by, err, well, mistake!)

It is possible that Kubota put the wrong bolt in the package. I would take it back to your dealer's parts department with that pipe in hand and make it their problem. I doubt very much that the pipe was replaced with one from another tractor.
torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2019   #52
Bigearl
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B8200 hst

Update for you guys. So Kubota is still saying that I have the correct replacement bolt, and they are also saying that the replacement supply piping is no longer an available item. So I look on ebay and see that a guy is selling the 3 point control valve and it has the banjo bolts to go with it. I reach out to this guy and he says he's got three B8200's that are parted. He claims he will be going to his storage facility this weekend, and he's going to confirm measurements on the bolt, and then sell me an OEM banjo bolt. I am really hoping this pans out because my only other real option is to have a machine shop make me a banjo bolt. I did talk to a hydraulic guy about rebuilding the loader spool valve, he said about 100-150 depending on what it is, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to do this. If it dripped occasionally that would be fine, the thing I don't want is another catastrophic failure resulting in 5 gallons of fluid on the floor or even worse, an injury of some sort.

Can anyone by chance identify my spool valve? See photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3384.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	39909  
Bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019   #53
Bigearl
1st Yr. Apprentice

Well I got my eBay special banjo bolt today. Oem bolt and itís the correct length. I went ahead and installed the supply piping, so itís back to original design and the goody two holed banjo bolt is out of the picture. Tomorrow Iíll pick up another 5 gallons of hydraulic fluid after my brand new fluid got trashed.

Iím a little nervous but I think itís all going to work out now. Iíll be prepared at start up with drain pans and Iím not going to touch the spool levers until I verify no leaks.

I never did get any opinions as to having the loader spool valve inspected or rebuilt. Itís oily and slimy but Iím gonna see what happens. Iím thinking when the pump dead headed that there was a pressure surge and caused some leakage. Any last thoughts on loader spool valve???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	685EE2BD-6FE2-4101-B2CB-BAC55D747542.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	40077   Click image for larger version

Name:	A9DE499E-EA35-4EB8-8AFF-54404E1CF8E2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	40078   Click image for larger version

Name:	60027E34-8885-4557-8225-2640868EADC5.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	40079  
Old 01-10-2019   #54
torch
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, RC54-71B, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL, homemade Cab

I'd hold off on the spool valves for the moment. Maybe clean them off so you can see any fresh leakage.

A suggestion: Don't start the engine right away. Crank it over with the starter, but leave the fuel lever pulled back so the engine won't start. If something is still dead-headed, I think the starter will quickly slow down and you will have time to release the key before damage is done.

Even better might be to loosen the banjo bolt on the return line at the reservoir and make sure oil is flowing all the way through the system while the starter is cranking it over.

I'm pretty confident that all is OK now, but, you know, just in case...
Old 01-11-2019   #55
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Ditto on what torch said.

If the spool valve is leaking your most likely way better off just replacing it with a newer version.
Old 01-11-2019   #56
Bigearl
1st Yr. Apprentice

Thanks torch for the advice. So today I got roughly 5 more gallons of udt. I filled the tractor and it seems to be full by only adding about 3 gallons of fluid so not all fluid was lost. I did crack the rear banjo open and cranked it over good three times. I never did see fluid coming out but I also never heard any dips in the starter.

I fired it up, I heard no pops or weird noises, and there was nothing leaking! I gave it some more fuel and pulled it out of the garage. Iíve learned that the theee point doesnít like to drop unless Iím at an idle. Keep in mind there is nothing attached to the three point. Aside from that the three point seems to operate like it should. I havenít messed with that knob by the seat maybe that is something to explore.

Now into the front blade and spool valve. The cylinder that controls the up and down has two hydraulic connections meaning an in and a out. This function works great up and down and I even tested the float which seems to work as well. Now the left or right cylinders only have single hydraulic connections. I can operate the left cylinder which turns the blade to the right, but the right cylinder will not move.

I tried reversing my connections thanks to the quick connects, when I did this the blade twitched but would not move in either direction. So lastly I moved my hoses over to the other lever and they worked perfect left to right. So the problem is my spool valve.

I remember this clearly during the broken banjo event as the blade would not move to the left (right cylinder).

If I understand single port hydraulic rams, when one cylinder is pushing it causes the other cylinder to collapse. So my lever must be at least partially working. And when I try to move the blade to the left you can hear the load on the engine but nothing moves.

Prior to replacing my hoses the blade moved left to right with no issues. Did the dead heading do something to damage this spool valve? Do I have a block somewhere? Today was a good day as the banjo bolt thing is now resolved, but now i have this new issue.

Oh and looking at the bottom side of the spool valve tonight after I cleaned it up. There is no evidence of leakage and itís dry.
Old 01-11-2019   #57
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Quote:
I tried reversing my connections thanks to the quick connects, when I did this the blade twitched but would not move in either direction. So lastly I moved my hoses over to the other lever and they worked perfect left to right. So the problem is my spool valve.

I remember this clearly during the broken banjo event as the blade would not move to the left (right cylinder).

If I understand single port hydraulic rams, when one cylinder is pushing it causes the other cylinder to collapse. So my lever must be at least partially working. And when I try to move the blade to the left you can hear the load on the engine but nothing moves.

Prior to replacing my hoses the blade moved left to right with no issues. Did the dead heading do something to damage this spool valve? Do I have a block somewhere? Today was a good day as the banjo bolt thing is now resolved, but now i have this new issue.

Oh and looking at the bottom side of the spool valve tonight after I cleaned it up. There is no evidence of leakage and itís dry.
You have a clogged, broken, or bad quick disconnect, it could be on the male or the female side.
Old 01-13-2019   #58
Bigearl
1st Yr. Apprentice

Wolfman, you were right. Initially my left cylinder would push, right did nothing. I then removed the entire quick connect for the left cylinder. Now my right cylinder would move and nothing from the left. I then swapped out the female side of the quick connects and same thing.

I said f it, I took off the other quick connect so both my left and right lines went right into spool port. Wam it works perfect.

The only thing I didnít try was swapping that one male side quick connect fitting, but remember at one time I tried these male ends on the other spool and both my cylinders worked.

One thing I found interesting is one of the quick connects is very snug with no play. The other one has a bit of play.

The two quick connects that are on the up down cylinder also have play and work correctly.

Aside from a couple quick connects I may not use, a banjo bolt from kubota that is too short, and a bunch of wasted fluid, i think this project is complete and i have a fully functioning tractor. Now if it would just snow!

Oh and remember the eBay oem banjo bolt, I paid 95 dollars for it! But he did pull it from a complete 3 point assembly.

Thanks guys for all your help.
Old 01-13-2019   #59
torch
4th Yr. Apprentice

I'm very pleased to hear that everything is working well now. I'm still trying to find my dentures under the desk after hearing the price of that banjo bolt though!
Old 01-13-2019   #60
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Quote:
Aside from a couple quick connects I may not use, a banjo bolt from kubota that is too short, and a bunch of wasted fluid, i think this project is complete and i have a fully functioning tractor. Now if it would just snow!

Oh and remember the eBay oem banjo bolt, I paid 95 dollars for it! But he did pull it from a complete 3 point assembly.

Thanks guys for all your help.
Yes excellent to hear, and glad we could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torch View Post
I'm still trying to find my dentures under the desk after hearing the price of that banjo bolt though!
I did the same thing...but the wolves grabbed them and went and buried them in the snow!