135 fuel pump, electric

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
Having some issues with eradic idling, insufficient power. Took electric fuel pump and water separator apart. Fuel pump had a lot of rust particles on magnet. Cleaned. Blew out lines. Ran good for a week then started again. Repeated process. Running good again. Now going to rinse tank as obviously contaminated from slip tank. My question is, I'm wondering if the electric fuel pump is failing because of this? If I remove fuel line to primary filter, there should be a steady flow of fuel coming out and the water separator should fill, correct? Right now neither is happening until I crank engine???? Appreciate anyone's input, thanks!

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
I should clarify my question.....with the electric fuel pump, should it be pumping a constant flow of fuel to the fuel filter when the key is turned on?

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
Answer....Yes, it should be pumping a steady flow of fuel when the key is on. Kubota wanted $619 for the fuel pump, but I found one at Napa for $125. Installed and running good again....anyways, just figured I'd post the solution in case someday it happens to someone else.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sask, you know it OK to ask a question and then answer it! Good you got it figured out.

But you mentioned rust on the magnet. I had an old tractor that has a steel tank and it had rust in the tank. I didn't want to go to the trouble to remove the tank, so I put a magnet on a piece of baling twine and put the magnet on the bottom of the tank. The string came up and laid outside the cap a few inches. I could pull the magnet up whenever I wanted and clean the junk! Worked pretty good.

And it's OK to ask a question and then answer the question, but when someone ask a question, then answers the question, then say "huh?" They have a problem!:D

sask

Dec 27, 2017
saskatchewan
Sask, you know it OK to ask a question and then answer it! Good you got it figured out.

But you mentioned rust on the magnet. I had an old tractor that has a steel tank and it had rust in the tank. I didn't want to go to the trouble to remove the tank, so I put a magnet on a piece of baling twine and put the magnet on the bottom of the tank. The string came up and laid outside the cap a few inches. I could pull the magnet up whenever I wanted and clean the junk! Worked pretty good.

And it's OK to ask a question and then answer the question, but when someone ask a question, then answers the question, then say "huh?" They have a problem!:D
Thanks D2cat. Great idea on the magnet. I'm gonna copy you on that.
Kinda new to the forum thing... appreciate it!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Late to the party....
Yep you've discovered the issue and gotten it fixed, bad pump, as it is supposed to run with the key in On position. :D