B2320 vs B2301 pto clutch

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I'll try not to make this a stupid question. I have had a B2320 for a few years now. The machine has a clutch pedal to disengage the PTO and the transmission.
A friend of mine purchased a B2301 and had a few questions for me that I could not answer. It doesn't have the clutch pedal, rather a lever for PTO engagement.
Does that work the same as the pedal where you can "ease into" the PTO shaft rotation? Does that lever affect ONLY the PTO or does it affect the transmission as mine does on the B2320. He's a newbie and has more questions than I can answer. Plus the fact that the salesman he dealt with offered little operational information and kept trying to talk him into implements he absolutely didn't need.
He actually doesn't want to talk to the salesman with any concerns so he is coming to me....and I in turn am coming to this forum where I can always get helpful, knowledgeable answers.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Yes, the new 01 series no longer has the clutch pedal. So now you just engage that lever to start the PTO. There is a second lever to select between mid/rear or both PTO's.

Does not effect the transmission.

There really isn't much feathering which is why I prefer my clutch pedal. But I sure would love to have the left side steering brakes so I don't have to work them with my hand on my B, LOL.

My friend has a BX and I cringe every time I engage the PTO with the BXM32 chipper/shredder or the mm mower hooked up. It feels like the motor is going to jump out of the hood. LOL.
But I've yet to see any failures so it must be ok.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Thanks for the explanation. I'm sure by the next time I see him he will have figured it out but at least I know what to expect.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
You're welcome. Yes, that's the way most are now anyway....no more clutch pedal. They are designed to engage like that, but at least some tractors like Massey Ferguson have a soft start button on them so you can ease it in if you have a high inertia implement.