BX23s and dealer - Underwhelming

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I did the same exact thing......I did get a lot of grease off....but I did make a mess too. The high pressure water hits a glob and that glob breaks into 5 other globs and now it is everywhere! Even if I aim to make it go somewhere else

I need to easy off the trigger....:p

I have never washed mine in 2 years but I’ve been thinking that it’s time. I think it was Paul Short that suggested using just a garden hose and a soapy sponge rather than a power washer. To avoid spreading grease everywhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Sorry I posted anything differing from the apparent norm and accepted view. I have learned a valuable lesson about this forum. Thank you.

If you were promised something you have every right to make sure they follow through. I think we were just letting you know that with the frequency that you will be greasing, it won’t stay clean for long.

Didn’t mean to rub you the wrong way. Where are you located in CO? Castle Rock area here.

losttrail61

Equipment
BX23S, 54" MMM
Apr 10, 2019
Colorado, USA
If you were promised something you have every right to make sure they follow through. I think we were just letting you know that with the frequency that you will be greasing, it won’t stay clean for long.

Didn’t mean to rub you the wrong way. Where are you located in CO? Castle Rock area here.

Just south of you, Monument.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I try to grease about every ten hours though I adjust the interval depending on the work being done. If I am just carrying rock or logs in the loader, I might let it go longer. If I am scooping up mud, I shorten the interval. My goal is to have 'fresh grease' on the pivots. I leave grease on the zerks and at the pivots to be a barrier from grit getting in. Tikme to re-grease, I clean the zerks and pivots, let the new grease 'seal it up'.
I'd keep my tractor cleaner but, being a machine that has a job to work the dirt, it gets filthy in a day. So it gets washed once or twice a year. I'll hit it with compressed air or a leaf blower to get the pollen or dust/grass/leaves off.

My dealer did a great job PDIing my tractor. I found nothing wrong. Glad to know your dealer cared and made things right. No one is perfect and mistakes happen. Owning up and resolving (because you are the one really paying his bills) problems is all you can reasonably expect.

I have a neighbor in the construction biz. Greases in frequently. There has to be 1/2" of play at every pivot on all his equipment. I think they use sand as a lube.....