bx23s lifting power

gearjammer

Equipment
2019 bx 23s 2017 road king
Mar 7, 2018
boonville ny
got a new bx 23s backhoe works alright but frontend loader seems to not have much lifting power my
old 2360 had more power than this on any one know why and is there an adjustment I can make to give it more power

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
The loader on your old tractor has a slight advantage in lifting capacity does the new bx23s have a quick attach loader if so that will reduce its lifting ability even more. The bucket size and weight comes into play also,

Last edited:

js5020

Equipment
BX23S
Jun 27, 2018
PA
got a new bx 23s backhoe works alright but frontend loader seems to not have much lifting power my
old 2360 had more power than this on any one know why and is there an adjustment I can make to give it more power
If I had one complaint about my 23S it would be loader lift capacity. I didn't buy a quick attach bucket because of the loss of capacity. I hear expanded makes a kit to boost the pressure and get a few more pounds of pressure and lift capacity.

Tractor Dell

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 13, 2017
Central PA
I hear expanded makes a kit to boost the pressure and get a few more pounds of pressure and lift capacity.
That would be the first thing I would check. Mine was mid spec when I got it. Boosted it to 1950 and I do notice a difference in the amount of lift I have now.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Check your fluid level? When the dealer gets the machine it may be full, but when they ad the backhoe and FEL that level will drop. Get your RPM's up when lifting to max capacity. Not that lower end on the rpm gage marked loader range. Crank it up for the heavy stuff. They are only rated for around 700 lbs. I got one of the gages and shim set to check my psi only to find out it was in spec (1850ish). I will not push mine over that. I can lift an over full bucket of wet dirt easily, but I cant pick up one massive bucket size stones in my yard. Meaning Ive reached the limit of the FFL. You can shim the PSI to 2000 if you wanted but it may cause premature leaks and or failures. Good luck!