Cruise Control on L2501

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I had the dealer install cruise control on my L2501 Other than testing it when I received the tractor, I have not used it since then. I simply have had no need in doing so. I like having it, but will probably never need it. My intent was to use it if I had to run a rotary cutter on my place. I would just set my speed and go in circles. But. I have an old geared tractor with a 6 foot rotary cutter I use.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
I like the cruise control that was installed by dealer at purchase on my L2501HST. Here in the plains it gives me a chance to set a ground speed with the side lever, and regulate hand throttle as needed to RPM/power.

However just like the motorcycle friction locks on the grips you need to remember to release it to slow down or on the HST - to reverse. The treadle by itself will NOT "back off" the cruise lever setting.

I mostly use it while grooming the gravel drive, or when brush hogging open areas - I can push down on the treadle to go faster when the ground is smooth and task allows - Or even stand up to see better at times in higher vegetation. Note (I have to hold the seat down with one hand on the seat back to keep the seat switch from making the tractor stop)

tlajd

Equipment
L3800
Nov 2, 2020
Missouri
Hello T.

No issue with photos on this end, as they show within this post.
Thanks. I was able to get the pictures to work on my laptop. I am going to start on mine today but might need to run some questions by you as I get things taken apart. Would it be okay to message you later?

Thanks in advance

diesellucy

Dec 23, 2017
burton oh
For those of you with cruise control, How handy is it? I have 4 acres with one of pasture and three of jungle that I brush hog. I do a lot of grapple and fork work and some bucket. I really don't think I'm missing anything with my HST L2501. Except more lifting power. I think the only reason I would want it is for Land Planing the road. Takes about 8 passes on half a mile. Looks like a fairly easy install and I think the price is less than $250. Much less than the BH77 accessory that I also passed on.
I use my cruise for brush hogging because i drive a half mile and turn around and come back. it lets me keep my foot in a more natural position, considering it takes me 9 hours to mow my back field it comes in handy. it also comes in handy if you get stuck and need to use the steering brakes

Reactions: 1 user

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Thanks. I was able to get the pictures to work on my laptop. I am going to start on mine today but might need to run some questions by you as I get things taken apart. Would it be okay to message you later?

Thanks in advance
Absolutely!

Used mine today mowing. Very nice feature to have.

Reactions: 1 user

tlajd

Equipment
L3800
Nov 2, 2020
Missouri
Absolutely!

Used mine today mowing. Very nice feature to have.
Thanks Cliff, I got er done yesterday. Kubota directions worked to a tee. The cable part was the worst but everything else was very clear. Took about 4 hours.

regarding use of it. There is NO way to brake steer an HST tractor without the cruise....

thanks again

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Good deal!

Yes the cable hook up is tedious when on your back looking up.

After using a bit some fine tuning will be in order. Mine lost speed when moving across bumpy field, and adjusting for max pedal travel.