L3240 will not start!!!!

rbtreasures

Equipment
L3240, LA514
May 6, 2017
McCoy, Texas
OK little history.
I thought one of my tanks had been flushed but still had water mixture in it. My Bad.

I have drained the fuel tank.
Flushed 5 gal of good fuel through it.
replaced with GOOD fuel.
Changed Fuel Filter.

Bleed one cylinder. Started right up. puffed bit of white smoke for a couple of minutes. Ran it for about 4 hours. ran it the next 2 days 4 to 5 hours each day No problem. Stopped at the end of the day.
Next day will NOT start.

Changed Fuel filter again.
Bleed all 3 cylinders 3 times. Fuel running on ground.
still will not Start.

My next option is to change the injectors (never done it)
Read the manual so have an idea.

Question is there a problem reusing the Glow plugs??
Are there any pits to fall into during this process. Rear injector seems to be difficult to get to.
Advice any one!!

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I'm going to assume that nothing has changed. Except that the fuel filter was again opened after it was working.

Fuel cock back in ON position?

Look in the Operator's Manual for periodic service and find the section for Bleeding. On this model you can bleed using a petcock. Should not need to loosen fuel pipe connectors or deal with glow plugs.

When you start it with the book procedure open the throttle about 2/3 open to get fuel moving.

If you don't have the manual you can download from Kubotabooks.com

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It sounds like you could have an air infiltration issue, like bad seal on the fuel filter.

Look for air in the filter housing.

Set the throttle to high, crack all of the injector lines at the injectors, crank for a few seconds, are you getting fuel?