Bought another tractor today..

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Bought a used M9000 open station, hydraulic shuttle turbocharged air-to air with a 8x8 and FWA, 2 sets of remotes and FEL 3500 hours. 15K and they are delivering it no charge (it's 300 miles from me).

Checked it out real closely, engine oil is dirty, trans looks like it has cheap oil in it, will be gone right away replaced with new filters and Chevron All Weather THC Synthetic.

Will take a week to arrive. I need to get filters for it anyway, probabably a new air filter as well (inner and outer). The grill guard needs rebuilt no biggie and tires are about 50%.

It will need the 5 gallon orange II finish this winter and a good pressure washing right off.

Mechanically seems fine, all gears operate as they should, no strange noises, loader is strong but has a material bucket instead of the heavy duty bucket my M9 has. 2 pin quick detach.

When it arrives, I'll take some pictures. Now I have 3 M's.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Congratulations! Get a line up shot with your other tractors too.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Think I'm going to sell the 105. I really prefer the M9's over the 105. I looked at a 157 M today, what a monster. Will be getting tight in the barn...lol

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice, but I thought you didn't want another loader! Was the tractor so good you had to take it without looking any further for a non-loader machine?

Had a friend call and he was telling me about a "flip wrench" he found while looking on Youtube. All I could think about when he was trying to describe it to me was Sidecarflip. There's a couple of different videos. Not sure which one caught his attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNkmH3R9u70

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I didn't really. About every one I could find in shooting distance with no loader was 2wd and I wanted front wheel assist. Only thing I don't like is it has the optional down pipe on the exhaust so instead of a stack, it turns down and exits by the frame rail turned out. I wind up with an extra loader. The loader on this one and the loader on my cab M interchange as do the rims and tires. This one has the cast centers on the rears as well.

Checked the pins, all are sliding in the bosses. Checked the front end, no slop in the pivot, front diff acts as it should. This one like my cab M has front and rear full locking diffs. My 105 only has a rear lock. Will need a hood or a body shop fix at some point (bondo) and paint and new stickers and a grill guard rebuild and the tins painted. All nice winter projects.

Should be here next week sometime, I'll take some pictures, people live pictures...lol

leoric

Equipment
B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Mar 13, 2019
Indianapolis
I didn't really. About every one I could find in shooting distance with no loader was 2wd and I wanted front wheel assist. Only thing I don't like is it has the optional down pipe on the exhaust so instead of a stack, it turns down and exits by the frame rail turned out. I wind up with an extra loader. The loader on this one and the loader on my cab M interchange as do the rims and tires. This one has the cast centers on the rears as well.

Checked the pins, all are sliding in the bosses. Checked the front end, no slop in the pivot, front diff acts as it should. This one like my cab M has front and rear full locking diffs. My 105 only has a rear lock. Will need a hood or a body shop fix at some point (bondo) and paint and new stickers and a grill guard rebuild and the tins painted. All nice winter projects.

Should be here next week sometime, I'll take some pictures, people live pictures...lol
I came to this thread hoping for pictures :p

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Does this oil work instead of the Kubota SUDT? Or does the M use something different?
Been using Chevron Synthetic All weather THF all along. It's UDT / SUDT compatible and it's orange (how is that) so you can actually see it. I've had excellent results on both my M's for years with it, winter and summer.

The only drawback is it's hard to get. My oil supplier is a Chevron distributor so getting it isn't an issue. May be for you in as much as you cannot buy it just anywhere.

I run 80-90 in the front axles and outboard planetaries. I feel more comfortable with GL 4-5 gear oil in the front axle for the shock load capabilities because I use my tractors for farming.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice, but I thought you didn't want another loader! Was the tractor so good you had to take it without looking any further for a non-loader machine?

Had a friend call and he was telling me about a "flip wrench" he found while looking on Youtube. All I could think about when he was trying to describe it to me was Sidecarflip. There's a couple of different videos. Not sure which one caught his attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNkmH3R9u70
The poster in that video is sort of dorky. He has a Suzuki Sidecick which is 4WD and he has it in 2WD. Strange.