B2650 bi-speed turn?

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Because I am still waiting on the delivery of my B2650, all I have been doing is reading everything I can on this forum. One question I have i what is bi-speed turning? Something to do with four wheel drive? I've looked in the WSM and haven't found what it is or does other than an indicator light on the dash panel. Can someone enlighten me?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I didn't think they had that on the B2650? I didn't see it mentioned in the brochure I have.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Mine is a 2018, doesn't have that. If I'm making tight turns and I don't want to churn up the ground, I don't want 4x4 anyway. If I'm in slick mud and need 4x4, I'm not concerned about churning up more mud. I can't imagine needing 4x4 while trying to mow around trees like the article mentions. I'm sure there are scenarios where bi-speed might be advantageous, I just don't see me needing it. Please post up once you get it and let us know how you like it.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Ok, so I've done some more reading, and I do find several references to bi-speed turning in the WSM. Once on a schematic for the hydraulics, and another on the indicator lights on the dash. But there is nothing in the current sales brochure that mentions it. I believe it is a 2014 printing of the WSM, so it could be outdated info. I haven't talked to my sales person, but I do have a running list of questions I plan on asking when I take delivery. My guess is that it is not an option on the b2650, but I only asked the question of what it was based on the info I found in the WSM. When I get the answer from the dealer i will post an update. Thanks for the responses.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Wish I had it and I think the new Kubota's in the ag series have it. My R1's on my M's can really tear up stuff on a hard turn in FWA.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Because I am still waiting on the delivery of my B2650, all I have been doing is reading everything I can on this forum. One question I have i what is bi-speed turning? Something to do with four wheel drive? I've looked in the WSM and haven't found what it is or does other than an indicator light on the dash panel. Can someone enlighten me?
Bi Speed Turn is not available on any current Kubota CUT/SCUT tractors sold in the US, though it is still described on the Kubota website so it must be available on something, somewhere. The last new Kubota tractor that I saw with Bi Speed Turn was an M135, about 5-7 years ago.

My B1750HST has Bi Speed turn, and I find it a nice feature when mowing my steep lawn with FWA turned on.

Bi Speed Turn is a mechanical two speed front axle that automatically overdrives the front axle when the steering approaches 30% of full lock. This prevents the front tiress from plowing/sliding, damaging the turf in the process. It also serves to pull the front end of the tractor around the turn decreasing turning radius. My B1750 will mow around a circle of approximately 18" with no noticeable turf damage.

As an expensive option, it was not common, no doubt, leading to its demise.

SDT

Last edited: