help kubota loader valve L2096

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
So the story goes! I install a l2096 loader valve on my JOHN DEERE 2355 yes a JD. Anywho my tractor does not like it. I am getting a lot of power robbed form this valve. I currently have the PB port plumbed back to the return line due to the fact that I have nothing to plumb it to in form of remotes/aux hydraulics. The constant recurc. is causing my fluid to heat up and rob power from me(not good for the way I run this thing). I am worried I am going to burn something up but I need to run it now. Is there a way to plug the PB port?? and still have the loader work?? Is my valve bad seeing that if I plug the PB port the loader will not lift or lower?? I think I have asked enough ?? for you guys now so any help would be great.

Thanks,
Charlie

Last edited:

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
What did I offend someone:rolleyes: by talking green. I now have the valve and loader off the tractor. So I can use it and not break/damage anything. I am not sure if I have a bad valve or what. Can anyone answer this ?? can you plug/cap a power beyond port and still have the loader/loader valve function correctly????

Thanks,
Charlie

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
If the valve is an open center then you should be able to plug the power beyond.

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
If the valve is an open center then you should be able to plug the power beyond.
I believe it to be I now have the valve on the bench to check it out. I also have a new one on the way, The gentlemen I bought it from, was not sure what was/is going on either. I am confused due to the fact that if you plug the PB port then the raise/lower will not work but the dump/curl will and if you float to dump/curl it then the raise/lower will function.I would have thought that both functions would ast the same if pluged. But?? I will report back later today when I have the valve apart.
Thanks,
Charlie

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
Well tearing into it didn't help much! It apears to be open center with everthing in neutral position it exhausts through the out port (more than the PB port). I am starting to think I have a bad valve I just can't explain it to myself (YET). So I will just have to see when I get the new valve tomorrow. Probably won't get to work on it much till tues/weds though. Gotta skid tomorrow and saw on weds. to try and stay where I should have been last week. I am somewhat lost and I've I've played with this shit for years(industrial electrician). Wish me luck I'll report back when I finger it out maybe I can assist someone else in my endeavours(misfortunes).

Thanks,
Charlie

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
Well the valve will not work on my 2355! The guy I bought it from was as confused as me so he sent me another one, and it does the same thing as the old one so I do know I have a good valve it just won't work for my JD.So I guess I now Have a almost new loader valve to sell:confused: So far nobody can tell me if I can change it to closed center and or how to block off the PB port. I guess I lose this round and now have to spend more money on a green valve.

Thanks,
Charlie

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I think if it was me I would go back and double check that all of my hydraulic lines are connected correctly.

My understanding of the open center valve is that it allows the hydraulic fluid to flow thru the valve until diverted to work a hydraulic cylinder, Without having an open center the valve would block the flow of the hydraulic fluid back to the reservoir and cause a builup of hydraulic pressure at the pump and possibly cause damage to the pump/lines/seals.

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
I'll double check again. I had the old valve on the bench alongside the new valve testing them with air, and they both work identical. If I put air to it it comes out both the PB and out port if I put my finger on one the other gains a small amount of flow. But if I plug the PB port the the raise lower spool will not function, It acts like its pressurizing both ports(Both hoses Jump), I can not for the life of me figuire out why it just affects only the raise/lower function but it does, The dump/curl works as should. (if I switch hoses the it does then the issue follows the ports). If I uncap the PB port and plumb it to the return line directly in to my filter housing then the valve functions as it should but it is using alot of power. I am pretty (99%) sure that my tractor needs closed a center valve that is what the old valve was. A prince valve I believe. It did not function correctly either I belive it has a broken spring as the dump function on it does not recenter itsself and sometimes acts as a trip bucket. Lets just say when you have forks on and are doing 12-15 MPH with a load of logs on a trailer behind you the trip function really sucks and will want to make you get rid of it fast.

I will work on it more this afternoon and see if I can find anything. But its not looking good. I'm going to try to call some of the larger Kubota dealers I can find on the net and ask them if they know what it could be also see if they can get me parts. The dealers in my area suck. Bad enough that when I broke the bleed screw on my sawmill(33 hp Kubota) I had to get them the part # due to their incapability. It and this has been a painful exeriance dealing with the 4 that I know in the area.

Thanks,
Charlie

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
Charlie, that Husco 9210 valve is configured in an open centre fashion and that's exactly the way you should use it on your JD.

Typically when PB is not utilized a control valve 'specific' plug or 'slug' is installed in the power beyond port that will 'flow correct' residual hydraulic power once destined for the PBY port and redirect it back into the 'return to tank port' outlet.

This effectivley and correctly bypasses the internal hydraulic flow path of oil and 'turns off' the PBY feature.

I'm concerned about where you have the PB line connected now; returning PB pressure and oil into the same return, rather than using a seperate dedicated return from the PBY and the OUT from the control valve. If you are considering using PBY, it must be plumbed to the 'IN' on a downline valve which will then have it's own return to tank port, or it may be that if your tractor has P/S, the PBY from the current new valve may need to connect to the 'IN' on the P/S ram or box. (Sorry, not up on my 'green'!!)
Vic, Can you get me the plug/slug to make the PBY go away? This appears to be what my problem is If I cap it then the raise/lower does not work, If I plumb it to the return with the OUT then the 3pt hitch won't raise without deadheading some function of the loader valve and the tractor is loaded pretty heavy, till I dead head it which shuts down the PBY port. I assume you got my info in the email? If not I can get it for you again.

I'm going to play with it today a little more I cannot remember what happened when I had the PB port plumbed to the Fill tube of the tractor Guess I have something to try. Is there any concern with dumping th PBY port to a high point in the trans? Foaming was what I thought may happen.

The rear outlet are closed center and the old loader valve was closed center thus no problem. I tried to hook up the PBY port to the rear outlets but that did the same thing as capping it. I did not look at the PS maybe I can try that. I will report back later tonight.
Thanks,
Charlie

Last edited:

jcbrotz

Equipment
l2096 loader valve
Jul 12, 2011
pa
Well with no further ado, I mess up when I ordered this valve, I was thinking I could just plug/cap the PB port and be good. Now I know that I need a closed center valve. SO I now have a valve for sale I would like to get $525 shipped out of it if I can to break somewhat even. If anybody is interested. It is a husco 9210 valve with cables, and joystick I can even include some hoses if it helps. Open center and power beyond on a kubota and most others you can just hook up the Power boyand to the 3pt hitch raise and be good but not on my JD it is all internal. I could hook it to the steering but something about not having steering when I'm using the loader tells me to axe that idea. I also just ordered a prince valve from the surplus center that is what I need no more messing around. Thanks for all the help and if anybody klnow someone who need a loader valve send them my way I got one cheaper than most places.

Thanks,
Charlie