What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Cyclone OMA missed us but the new open drains were worthwhile doing.

Managed to spread out 20 truck loads of asphalt millings with the BX23S-AU Need another 4-5 to finish off before rolling.
They are due to resurface the State Route by my house this summer. I hope to be able to get with the company doing the grinding and get a good price on five or six loads of that stuff and save them the cost of running it another 20 miles to the big reclamation pile. Great driveway topper.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Now that the temps are once again sub freezing, I hauled a bucket load of firewood to the boiler in the basement.
I usually get about a week of firing from that yard of wood.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
They are due to resurface the State Route by my house this summer. I hope to be able to get with the company doing the grinding and get a good price on five or six loads of that stuff and save them the cost of running it another 20 miles to the big reclamation pile. Great driveway topper.
Just make sure you get millings and not scalps
To add to confusion, both millings and scalps are often called "profiles"

Millings are the from the top inch of the road. This is mostly asphalt and will be ground like gravel. This is when the road is ground and not ripped up causing lines in the pavement. This type will be sticky with no more than 30% rock and big chunks of sticky asphalt. It can also be about the size of sand grains but made from asphelt and no rock.

Profiles are when you rip up the whole road. This usually come in big chunks that you need break up. It also contains the road base and is mostly rock.

When I put down millings I also sieve the pile. I have a sieve I use for the fire pile to separate ash from charcoal. Its just a frame set at 45deg with some weld mesh over it. On that is some chicken wire to make the holes smaller. I run a few buckets over this. This separates the really fine sand grain sized millings. I keep this separate in piles till then end of the job.
Once the rest is down I sooth out with the smudge bar and box blade. Then The fine stuff goes over the top which gives a really sticky smooth finish. Next comes wetting it down and rolling (lots of water and vibration). Last pick a hot day and dust with diesel. If it looks wet it is too much. This allows you to roller again and push down the rocks leaving the fine stuff sooth on top.

When your done it looks like any other road.

PS I put down a min of 200mm and roller down to about 150mm.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I re-fixed my glowplugs after it wouldn't start. Usually starts fine, but I usually use the block heater.

Anyway, the glow plug relay isn't the right one. The blades are too thin. At least per......Fred on this forum, I think it was. I bought a couple of the Bosch replacements, but in the mean time I had tightened the terminals to make it work. So, in the mean meantime, I haven't a clue where I put the relays, and the GPs aren't working. I slightly twisted the relay terminals and reinserted. Fired right up.

Sure was cold taking the dash on and off. Jeesh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I'm afraid there's not much I can do with mine the snow is 2/3 up the back tires. But a friend with a yellow Skidder is coming to help the almost gone woodpile.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
18 wheeler showed up at my house yesterday with about 6000 lbs of hardwood flooring. One pallet exceeded the lift gate weight limit by a couple of thousand pounds(not sure why they would load it like that). I quickly attached my titan clamp on pallet forks and we proceeded to break down the pallet and move it in to garage. Forgot I had the ROPs up on the first one, DUH....

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Just make sure you get millings and not scalps
To add to confusion, both millings and scalps are often called "profiles"

Millings are the from the top inch of the road. This is mostly asphalt and will be ground like gravel. This is when the road is ground and not ripped up causing lines in the pavement. This type will be sticky with no more than 30% rock and big chunks of sticky asphalt. It can also be about the size of sand grains but made from asphelt and no rock.

Profiles are when you rip up the whole road. This usually come in big chunks that you need break up. It also contains the road base and is mostly rock.

When I put down millings I also sieve the pile. I have a sieve I use for the fire pile to separate ash from charcoal. Its just a frame set at 45deg with some weld mesh over it. On that is some chicken wire to make the holes smaller. I run a few buckets over this. This separates the really fine sand grain sized millings. I keep this separate in piles till then end of the job.
Once the rest is down I sooth out with the smudge bar and box blade. Then The fine stuff goes over the top which gives a really sticky smooth finish. Next comes wetting it down and rolling (lots of water and vibration). Last pick a hot day and dust with diesel. If it looks wet it is too much. This allows you to roller again and push down the rocks leaving the fine stuff sooth on top.

When your done it looks like any other road.

PS I put down a min of 200mm and roller down to about 150mm.
Thanks for the tips. This is definitely the millings as they are taking the top 4-5cm of pavement off with the grinder. They do about a half mile or so and then start to repave it. The only time they go deeper is if the road base has deteriorated and they need to rebuild / compact it.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I'm afraid there's not much I can do with mine the snow is 2/3 up the back tires. But a friend with a yellow Skidder is coming to help the almost gone woodpile.
The snow was to much for the Skidder, back to hauling by hand in a plastic sled.

Saxman

Equipment
L3830 ZD21
Jun 19, 2010
Mt. Vernon, IL
I mounted the Snowplow on my L3830 HST. I hope to scare off a snowstorm forecast for Sunday here in Southern Illinois

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Feb 13, 2019
WNY
I mounted the Snowplow on my L3830 HST. I hope to scare off a snowstorm forecast for Sunday here in Southern Illinois
That is one mean looking Blade..
The Snow should head for the hills, if they know what's good for them..

Last edited by a moderator:

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
Nah - mine is.....(plus I like the picture my wife took..use it a lot..:cool:)

So far it hasn't scared any of the storms away. Been a long snowy winter up here in mn... definitely got my use out of this thing for the year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Used the backhoe to loosen up the compacted, nutrient poor AZ soil in a planter, then used it to stir & mix in 20 bags of steer manure & a couple partial bags of fertilizer.
First, had to re-locate a landscape boulder.

Attachments