B8200 3pt and mower deck won't raise

buckeyepost

Equipment
BX2670
Apr 14, 2016
Granville
Go figure... I use this tractor for 6 years with no problems, I buy a BX, powerwash my B8200 to sell it and set it outside by the road for a week through a couple heavy rains and when I show it to a guy tonight who was about to buy it the damn mower deck and 3pt hitch won't raise! It has leaked a little hydro fluid over the years so we topped it off but it still didn't budge. Anyone have any ideas??? Hopefully nothing major. Just my luck...... :mad:

buckeyepost

Equipment
BX2670
Apr 14, 2016
Granville
The buyer brought that up and I have never touched that knob but we tried. It wouldn't budge in either direction. I sprayed some PB blaster on it and let it sit back in the barn tonight. Maybe it is "locked" I guess, just dont know how that would have happened, unless someone was tinkering with up while it was sitting up by the road. Just odd... I mowed 5 acres with it like I normally do about 3 weeks ago. Thanks for the input.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Buckeyepost, you said, "The buyer brought that up and I have never touched that knob but we tried. It wouldn't budge in either direction. I sprayed some PB blaster on it and let it sit back in the barn tonight."

There is a lock position for that lowering speed control knob. Been a while since I messed with it, but it is designed for locking when taking an implement on the road.

Frustrating, I know, but probably something simple. Like you said, maybe someone "adjusted" that lock while it was setting out for display.

buckeyepost

Equipment
BX2670
Apr 14, 2016
Granville
From what I can tell the "lock" is twist all the way to the right (under the seat). I finally got it to move with some pliers and it doesn't appear to be locked, the way I'm understanding it.

One more thing, if it is "locked" should I be able to move the 3 point arms? Because I can lift up on them all the way, even enough where the mower deck comes off of the ground. I would think if it was locked I shouldn't be able to do this.... something seems broken.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
From what I can tell the "lock" is twist all the way to the right (under the seat). I finally got it to move with some pliers and it doesn't appear to be locked, the way I'm understanding it.

One more thing, if it is "locked" should I be able to move the 3 point arms? Because I can lift up on them all the way, even enough where the mower deck comes off of the ground. I would think if it was locked I shouldn't be able to do this.... something seems broken.
Agreed, that should not move but is it the mowers weight stopping from lifting those three point arms manually?

The reason why I asked you about power steering and loader is that they operate off the same pump. So if that fails and all hydraulic functions don't work then I would suspect the pump or filter/suction screen.

Pat

buckeyepost

Equipment
BX2670
Apr 14, 2016
Granville
I can lift the mower with the end link since they are connected. A few people I've talked to today told me that the "lock" only prevents the implement from being dropped and that it could still be raised manually like when pushing down on the 3 point end links. But that still doesn't really tell me anything. The local Kubota dealer told me to check a screen filter that is on the tranny somewhere so I'll look for that when I get home today....

buckeyepost

Equipment
BX2670
Apr 14, 2016
Granville
Changed the udt fluid and checked/cleaned the screen filter with no change. Has to be a pump or something the you guys think? Bummer.