What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

sstrac

Equipment
M9000 Tractor, JBar 7' Rotary Cutter
Jun 3, 2015
berryville, ar US

Pushed over a huge tree. Some live limbs up to about 12' then dead up to about 40'. I knew I shouldn't but did anyway. I kept thinking "widow maker" but put tractor in grunt slow mode and slowly pushed til it went over. Thank You Lord. Was able to push it to the edge of the yard to get it out of the way for now. Whew....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I knew I shouldn't but did anyway. I kept thinking "widow maker"
Whew is right!

Like D2Cat said, you're fortunate.

As you recognized, some crazy things can happen with those partially dead ones, especially if pushing/pulling, etc. Jerk it wrong way, something snaps, or a hollow trunk collapses, and all heck breaks loose!!:eek:

You could have had the top 28' of that tree driving your tractor real easy.

Trust me, I know from experience. Sometimes, doesn't go as planned!!:p:p
Good job, but please, don't do that again. Glad it worked for you this time!!

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Moved 20 tons of topsoil and 45 boulders to help the landscaper crew get the yard ready... So far, on just the back yard, my little L3800 HST has moved over 100 tons of material in or out of the job site. My front tires are looking a little "tired" but they still have a little life in them.

The boulders will get "married" to the ground next week.

Attachments

Last edited:

sledpuller

Equipment
Kubota RTV900
Mar 10, 2016
Stoneboro Pennsylvania
Added Bro Tek 2" rear spacers and Kubota wheel weights, on my BX 2360. The tires were already filled, but were not enough to operate the FEL safely and efficiently, in my book. Last February, I brushed hogged and grappled with a 985 skidloader, about 2 acres of brush and downed trees. Been cleaning up/filling holes with the Kubota ever since, whenever I get a chance.

Attachments

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Put some hours on that puppy the last couple of days!

Friday I had the box blade on and ripped and re-graded 500' or so of driveway and then spread 12 yards of screened gravel on another 100' that was too far gone to work with.

Today I put the trusty old Howard HR-6 Rotavator on (which I just put all new tines on...ouch...) and tilled 4 large-ish gardens. Two of them got 10 yards of nice compost applied first with me running back and forth to the pile and doing a dump-and-run on the garden while the owner raked it out.

Same fella had me spread about 5 yards of nice loam for lawn repairs and move another 5 yards out of his way (contractor dumped it in the wrong spot).

Even had to run the AC in the cab. 55-ish degrees outside but with bright sunshine and all that glass it wasn't long getting warm in there!

Oh, and the first Official Sign of Spring in Maine appeared. First time I drove the bucket into that pile of compost I stirred up a CLOUD of black flies...:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Moved 20 tons of topsoil and 45 boulders to help the landscaper crew get the yard ready... So far, on just the back yard, my little L3800 HST has moved over 100 tons of material in or out of the job site. My front tires are looking a little "tired" but they still have a little life in them.

The boulders will get "married" to the ground next week.

Still working on your masterpiece,i can see a great deal of planning went into this. I was in las vegas last week, grand canyon tour. The landscape differs slightly compared to where i call home. Amazing country.

Used my kubota to pull the first few boats out of winter storage, they should all be gone by mid-may. Sure makes it easy with a hitch on three point.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
Added 1.5" spacers to rears of my BX.
before spacers.jpg With Spacers.jpg
Even the 3pt looks wider with the spacers installed. :)

Then continued on leveling out the yard. My rock collection is growing.
rocks.jpg
I am getting push to find a home for those rocks because The Boss want her table and chairs back in that location.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
CaveCreekRay, your project is very cool. I'm looking forward to see it finished. That climate makes for a different challenge that most of us don't have to face. Turning raw desert into something beautiful like you're doing is amazing.

I've only been to Arizona once but I fell in love. If I didn't have my family farm here I would head West in a heart beat.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I reinstalled the ROPS on my B7100. The previous owner had cut it off, but they had passed away ( a family member was selling it)- so I didn't get the story on why they had removed it. I welded it back on, reinforced it, cleaned it all up, and painted the whole piece before reinstalling. Some may say that it shouldn't be welded, but it is safer with than without, and I trust my welds and reinforcement.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Hodge, I agree you 100%. This whole conversation about welding on a ROPS is precipitated by protecting corporations from litigation.

I think America would be a better place if all law schools were shut down for at least 10 years. Those folks have to make a living and and law suits present opportunities for that.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I agree, you know your ability to weld, you feel comfortable with the repair. Take it to the next level, find a way to test it. Safe way to test it.

I tried to move a vehicle that has been sitting a long time,all that would happen is kubota would lift front wheels. As soon as they came up i stopped. Thought about a rops right at that very moment. Will rethink my approach this week.

Last edited:

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
My L3800 has been in hibernation since late Oct. Today I 4-wheeled in to the cabin, uncovered the tractor installed the battery, checked fluids and she started right up!
Running batter boards and string to start a new pole building home for her.
The 13,000 pounds of material was hauled in last Dec with a snow machine and freight sled.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Neighbor asked me if I could use my backhoe to get an old dogwood tree out of his front yard, never used the hoe - nice couple of days of rain, a high stump and 30 minutes of running around the tree pushing with the toothbar...........

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
For two days of rain, you sure tip-toed around on that grass! I know, he had it pulled with a crane and then set it in your bucket.:D:D