Auto Regeneration DPF

indianapete

Equipment
L6060
Apr 29, 2016
panama city florida
My L6060 with a DPF says that auto regeneration will commence when a "significant amount" of particulate matter clogs the muffler. Auto regen didn't start at 10% 50% or even 94% where it is now."? No one including the dealer can tell me when it should be done. There seems to be a step by step way to start the burn manually on page 26, but can't seem to get it to self start. Anybody know when it will self start (what is "significant particulate matter") or how to start regeneration without waiting for auto regeneration?

Last edited:

yamatitan

Equipment
L3901
Jun 28, 2015
Louisiana
Im not positive but I think it does it automatically once at 100%. Maybe someone else with a grand L can chime in. There is no reason to force it to regen it will do it when it needs to unless something fails.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It won't start to regenerate automatically until it actually hits 100%. You can't start it manually "parked regeneration" until after it reaches level 2. Look at the table on p24 of the operator's manual. The directions are confusing at best. When it reaches 99% start looking for some chore that you can run the tractor at continuous high rpm. Take it out of autothrottle, and watch for the blinking light telling you to increase rpm till it stops blinking. If you are already running at adequate rpm, it will regenerate on its own, just don't drop the rpm when it is in the middle.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
It won't start to regenerate automatically until it actually hits 100%. You can't start it manually "parked regeneration" until after it reaches level 2.....
Correct. When the system requires manual intervention it has already failed to start regen for a number of reasons. For "hands on" OCD people like myself, I would like to be able to start the regen manually, but alas.... I must let the machine do its own thing. To further aggravate me, when I run my L4060 hard the DPF % drops significantly. For example, I was at 74% before mowing off 6 acres of grass... When done the DPF dropped to 40 something.