G6200..Does it have good towing abilities ?

chopperspares

Equipment
G6200
Mar 7, 2012
Gulf Breeze Fl
I’ve got a G6200 that was given to me about 3 years ago. It has no deck and was used around the house to move his car
trailer.
I took it for the same reason to move trailers from the street to my back yard. The biggest load that I would attempt
to move would be a duel waverunner trailer with 2 skies over grass.
Although I was told it ran, I have yet to get it to turn over and fire. Before I take the time and $$ to get it running I
wanted to get input if it’s up to the task of towing trailers with “burning up the transmission”. I was contemplating
selling the machine if towing equipment is only going to destroy it. I’ve got Zturns so restoring it to mowing condition
isn’t in the plan.

From what I read on the web it’s a keeper and a tank for being a lawnmower and not a “true” tractor.

Thanks

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
They pull trailers fine as it utilizes an Eaton 11 hydrostat in a Kubota single speed transmission. It would be better if it was hooked to a Peerless 2 speed. I have pulled all kinds of trailers with no problems. I don't know that I would try to pull a loaded tandem axle trailer with it, but unloaded hasn't been a problem.

yamatitan

Equipment
L3901
Jun 28, 2015
Louisiana
Ive pulled some pretty impressive size oak trees with my dads skidding style. Its a little tank I think it will do what you want.

Epick865

Equipment
G6200 HST
Mar 27, 2021
Knoxville, TN
Anyone else expound on this (old) thread? I’m a new owner of a G6200 and pull a 150 gallon smoker with it no problem. Probably 1k total. Looking to upgrade to a 300-500 gallon smoker on a trailer and need to pull it into my back yard.