TG1860G hydro fluid change

1870farmhouse

Equipment
TG1860G
Jun 12, 2011
Walden, NY
I have recently purchased a TG1860 on consignment through a dealer. The mower come with no manuals so I ordered owners, service and parts manuals. I was advised by the parts dude, to order up the Hydraulic fluid and filters as the mower had 366 hours on it with no records of those parts and fluids being changed. Now that I have the manuals, (two weeks later), I notice that there are no referrences to ever checking or changing the hydraulic fluid or filters in either the owner or service manuals. Can anyone advise me as to what I should do?
Thanks!

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I bought the TG1860 and went to dealer to order the service manual and he said, I supposed to use 15W40 engine oil for hydrostatic fluid too. He has called some where to confirm for me and said that. I haven't changed yet. but have you? How did you do it? and which fluid did you use?
Joe.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
joekid,,, although any oil will make the hydralic system work, I find it hard to believe eng oil is supposed to be in there. BUT??? my Bad Boy does call for eng oil in there pumps..

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I don't know your machine and I don't want to get too specific about our setup in order to prevent missunderstandings---but our big commercial Hustler brand ZTR uses a specific engine oil as its hydraulic fluid and has a big placard by the reservoir WARNING using hydraulic oil will damage the system. Before changing your fluid make double dang sure what is "correct".