Turf to AG on a B8200 HSTD question

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
how close to the spec. ratio of 1.691 must it be?
2% is the usual "golden rule" allowed difference but always use caution when figuring and how it's going to be used. When changing tires it's the "rolling circumference" specification that is used for comparing sizes.

No two tire companies make tires the exact same size as another in these smaller type bias ply tires, so even if the size is listed as the same it might be off substantially. Carlisle Tires most generally are the closest match to what
is listed as size, the rest of the older major companies Firestone Goodyear Titan really close too. Off brand imports are the worst and I've seen ATV tires that were actually 2 inches shorter than the size molded on the tire.
Example: 22x11-8 which should be 22 inches tall and when you measure it mounted and aired up, 20 inches tall. WTH! is right!
Another factor that clouds things up some is the fact that all bias ply tires grow with age, so when looking for replacements it's best to use the factory specs on new tires when shopping.
ALWAYS COMPARE ROLLING CIRCUMFERENCE ON FOUR WHEEL DRIVE/MECHANICAL FRONT ASSIST TRACTOR TIRES
Al

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Well 3 months in and a ton of heavy duty loader work in 4x4 with it and absolutely zero noticable binding or issues to date. Must have been close enough to fall into the sweet spot.:)

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Well 3 months in and a ton of heavy duty loader work in 4x4 with it and absolutely zero noticable binding or issues to date. Must have been close enough to fall into the sweet spot.:)
Wild,
the reason you have no problems most likely was due to the fact that Eserv
pointed out on what the factory gear ratio was, you are well within the 2% allowance now. Awesome!

I'm amazed now that you didn't have problems before because I'm thinking your tractor was delivered/setup brand new with the wrong size tires on it!!!
It does happen being humans do it and since nobody is perfect once in a while they screw up. Nothing except this fact would make sense since we did the math on what was originally on it and the changes you made certainly a totally different result way different specification outcome. I'm glad it's not causing you problems that would waste your hard earned cash.
AL

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Okay, so i'm bringing this thread up from the dead, because it's what sparked me to go ahead and give the Industrial tires a try on my 4WD Kubota B8200D (gear shift). Literally just had them mounted today.

I went with the same size and models that the OP went with.
Carlisle Trac Chief I3 12.4-16" rears (37.2").
Carlisle Trac Chief 23x8.50-12" fronts (22.6").
Going with 26psi in the rear and 40psi in the front.

I will update this thread as i get use on them. If i don't destroy anything along the way. It's suppose to snow this Sunday and I use my 'Bota' with a 60" box blade for moving snow.

Putting this link in here because it has some more information regarding the topic of switching from turf to R1/R4 tires on a B8200....
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34450

Update 1-16-18:
So just an update.
Today was the first day i got to put some seat time on my B8200 with the new R4 Trac Chief tires. I was moving snow with my 60" box blade, we got 3-4" of snowfall. My drive is about 175-200ft of asphalt and my neighbors is 50-60ft.
Having used the OEM Bridgestone diamond tread turf tires for snow removal (2-3") a few weeks ago around Christmas, and now using the R4's, i can say that the R4's are way better at pulling an overflowing box blade on slick ground. They are also better at back pushing into piles.

No issues turning in 4wd, no binding that was noticeable, to me anyway and it engaged and disengaged 4wd easily.

So far, pretty happy with the outcome.

Before and after pics...

Attachments

Last edited:

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Just thought i'd throw out an update.
Today i moved a metric crap ton of dirt (the official measurement) with my 60" KK box blade behind my B8200d. I was in and out of 4wd all day while going from dirt/gravel to pavement and back. 4wd engagement and disengagement was a breeze.
It pulled a full box blade of dirt like a boss and scarified the overgrown and heavily compacted gravel lot without issue.
I am seriously impressed with the work i have been getting out of this little tractor. The Carlisle tires are proving to be a solid investment.

The mound of dirt i have behind my garage now, is impressive:D

Last edited:

Jason Stigge

Equipment
B8200
Apr 1, 2019
Plattsmouth, NE
Just thought i'd throw out an update.
Today i moved a metric crap ton of dirt (the official measurement) with my 60" KK box blade behind my B8200d. I was in and out of 4wd all day while going from dirt/gravel to pavement and back. 4wd engagement and disengagement was a breeze.
It pulled a full box blade of dirt like a boss and scarified the overgrown and heavily compacted gravel lot without issue.
I am seriously impressed with the work i have been getting out of this little tractor. The Carlisle tires are proving to be a solid investment.

The mound of dirt i have behind my garage now, is impressive:D
Could you tell me what width the front wheels are? I want to add these tires to mine, but the call for a 7" wide wheel - I believe my factory front wheels are 5". Thanks!

SRG

Equipment
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Could you tell me what width the front wheels are? I want to add these tires to mine, but the call for a 7" wide wheel - I believe my factory front wheels are 5". Thanks!
Can you post a pic of your wheels and or machine? There were different wheels on B8200's. The B8200 I had, wore the two piece front wheels. They were definitely wider than 5".