What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I cant even imagine what its like to live in a snow bound area :confused:
Only seen snow twice in my life, once when I was a kid and more recently on a ride out west.
Thats it....pathetic isnt it :p .......Im more used to dealing with horrible heat!

Yes, I a big orange fan :D

Sweet bike! I have an orange bike myself, KTM 450 EXC, she doesn't get much attention this time of year.:(

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Oh and another thing, I would like to meet the GENIOUS ENGINEER that designed the Kubota Hydrostat controls and Brake pedals on the same side. They would be sporting a pedal in a place where the sun never shines. How in H*** can you use the brakes to steer if your foot is on the hydrostat. Obviously the person never actually drove the tractor after they designed it.
Isnt that why you have cruise control or a hand throttle?
My geared tractor has the throttle on the same side as the brakes (like everyone elses) so the same issue as you have applies I guess.
Use the cruise or hand throttle to steer with the brakes.....or am I missing something!

Last edited:

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
My geared tractor has the throttle on the same side as the brakes so the same problem as you have I guess applies I guess.
Use the cruise or hand throttle to steer with the brakes.....or am I missing something!
Just remember to have the pedals unhooked. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D ;) ;)

Ron

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My geared tractor has the throttle on the same side as the brakes (like everyone elses) so the same issue as you have applies I guess.
HST's require you to step on a forward or reverse pedal to make the tractor move, the harder you push the pedal the faster it goes, it doesn't depend on engine speed, so you set the engine at one RPM and can go as fast or as slow as you would like, simply put it's a foot powered automatic.

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
HST's require you to step on a forward or reverse pedal to make the tractor move, the harder you push the pedal the faster it goes, it doesn't depend on engine speed, so you set the engine at one RPM and can go as fast or as slow as you would like, simply put it's a foot powered automatic.
Yes, I realise that, but the issue he has is not being able to use the brakes to steer and throttle at the same time.
Im suggesting to use the cruise control to leave his foot free to use the brakes same as a geared tractor :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry, I read hand throttle skipped right over the cruise control.:eek:

Yes it can be done with the cruise control, but it's not easy to set the cruise at the right speed and switch over to using the brakes, it just feels awkward and unsafe, almost out of control type of feeling. :eek:

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Ive gotten myself completely confused!
I meant hand throttle not cruise but then you have no forward motion with hst without a foot on the pedal!!!
It just clicked......Im a confused idiot, so please disregard any comments I made previously :eek:
Back to normal programming :)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Slopped thru the cowmud putting out hay. On a side note, having a gear tranny sure made it easy to use the brakes for steering.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Ive gotten myself completely confused!
I meant hand throttle not cruise but then you have no forward motion with hst without a foot on the pedal!!!
It just clicked......Im a confused idiot, so please disregard any comments I made previously :eek:
Back to normal programming :)
hahahahaha

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Took the POS back to the Dealer.

The up side is this my garage, Kubota would have been sitting right there

Attachments

Last edited:

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
WOW hoping nobody got hurt, I spent 9 hours on my garage and house Sunday removing ice and snow.

Got 9" more Sunday night, got 10" Tuesday night snowing like H*** right now due for 7" more tonight and 10" more forecast for Friday to Saturday is this GD snow ever going to end!!!!!!:eek:

I bought my 3650 in July this year guess I had good timing.:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Its like 45 here in the coal country today snow is melting some and everything is mud,, tomorrow is another warm one with rain,, and then next week cold again, spring is coming but Im not sure when, and then I had to put air in the front tires again,,, even after sliming them 2 years ago,,,

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Roof only had about 5-6" of Snow on it, as I had Cleaned it a Couple times this Year. All the Trusses Broke in the Same Spot, so they are Going with Defective Trusses.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Its like 45 here in the coal country today snow is melting some and everything is mud,, tomorrow is another warm one with rain,, and then next week cold again, spring is coming but Im not sure when, and then I had to put air in the front tires again,,, even after sliming them 2 years ago,,,
That's worst than staying cold....just makes a mess of my road and hard to plow or use the blower again.

Last edited:

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Took the POS back to the Dealer.

The up side is this my garage, Kubota would have been sitting right there
Anyone Have More then a Few Problems with their NEW Kubota? This BX is a POS and a LOT of POOR Dealer Prep. Mower Deck had 2 Out of Round Pulleys, Deal Brought it Back with Broken Headlights and Cracked Hood. Snowblower Will not Turn Right, Looks Like Gear is Bad, 5-7 Bad Teeth. Dealer didn't Set Shoes on Blower so Lower is Worn off in 5 Hours, Set Screws Fell out of Drive Gear on Blower in first 6 hours, keyway ground nice Hole in Cover.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Of course when you buy used one is purchasing someone's used problems. For that reason I had to correct issues in the ignition switch and the starter switch. Got that fixed today and spent two hours trying it out. I used the FEL to knock down a couple large patches of weeds, briars and ragweed that were out of control. We were cutting this stuff down in the fall and it was a lot of work. The FEL made quick easy work of tearing this stuff down, love it. I like the sure footedness of this 4x4 and the FEL is so great I don't know how I have gotten by this far without one.

Next up some more service and maintenance items that have been let go on this little L245. It operates well and I want to keep it that way.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anyone Have More then a Few Problems with their NEW Kubota? This BX is a POS and a LOT of POOR Dealer Prep. Mower Deck had 2 Out of Round Pulleys, Deal Brought it Back with Broken Headlights and Cracked Hood. Snowblower Will not Turn Right, Looks Like Gear is Bad, 5-7 Bad Teeth. Dealer didn't Set Shoes on Blower so Lower is Worn off in 5 Hours, Set Screws Fell out of Drive Gear on Blower in first 6 hours, keyway ground nice Hole in Cover.
I'm a little worried that you are plagued with problems??? :eek:
Bad roof, Bad tractor?? :rolleyes:

Seriously get a hold of a regional representative, sounds like it's all add on parts that your having problems with, and not really the tractor.
A lot of times the dealers assemble and install all the add on parts and yes some dealers just suck at it!
The broken headlights and cracked hood are completely unacceptable, Make the dealer replace them both at their cost and tell him to hire competent employee's!