What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Sorted the lights on the B6000DT - It was a bad connection in the fuse holder

Kevin, looks like you used the new Kubota paint color on your B6000. Looks Great- Very NICE Job...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Got my little grey delivered on Saturday

Started out with this

and this

Been clearing by hand for a few days prior to this point

And after the last couple days with the Kubota raking up all the rubbish and regrading the trails....

Its been a very steep learning curve and a hell of a workout without power steer on but good fun.
Being a complete noob at this Ive been very careful and paranoid about rollovers so steady steady :eek:

This stuff is hard and really takes some serious skill, hopefully Ill get better at it as time goes on :eek:

Still have a long way to go but Im not confident enough to take on the really steep stuff to get down here to tackle this lot!

Anyway, Im having fun and getting the job done slowly but surely .....
I think I've seen that bitch in Mad Max...she's a beauty. Nice job of cleaning up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As PFC Gomer Pyle would say, Surprise, surprise, surprise, Clearing snow was todays job. :D

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Been trying to get better aquainted with my box blade and getting some practice in.
Did this whole area today.
Very impressed at what you can do but geeezzz...they take some skill that I havent got :eek:

The info on this site has been invaluable :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dude you are impressing the hell out of me,,!!! Slow and easy, one step one day and you will have it all done,, good on ya mate

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Nice work! Hope you are letting that little beast rest long enough to at least be refueled.:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks so much better than the over grown first pics! ;)

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Thanks guys, appreciate the comment :)
I feel like Im just fumbling my way along just trying to figure stuff out as I get to it, good way to learn and all the help on this site has really helped.
She really does a great job for such a light tractor.
Gave the work a rest today, just too hot again, nearly had a heat stroke yesterday.
I swapped the rear wheels around which gave me another 5" in overall width, not much but better than nothing.
Oh and gave her a wash, hope thats not bad :p I have OCD in that regard :rolleyes:

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
1coolbanana:
In the following link, are your wheels like the top three where the centers are welded to the outer ring or like the bottom two where the centers are bolted to the axle and bolted to the outer rim? If they are like the last two, you can unbolt the centers from the axle and rim, reverse the centers and gain extra width.

http://www.farmlandtractor.com/Trac...=Farmland Tractor&maxprice=146&show=60&page=1

jonesey

Equipment
kubotag3hst
Feb 2, 2014
anglesey
hi I finally finished doing up my Kubota g3hst today and started it up and it was going well in till it just stopped on me and keeps cutting out so I went to bleed it and the bolt snapped do you have any suggestions:(

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
There is a trail/woods road that runs thru the woods to my sisters/brother inlaws house. My sis needed some snow bucketed so I went plowing thru 2' of snow +- to their house thru the woods. I'm amazed again by the brut strength of the tractor with the Ag tires. My neighbor has the industrial tires on his Kubota , coming home the other day he was stuck in the ditch beside his driveway and was using his backhoe to pull himself out.

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Broke out the B7100 today. Kinda glad I didn't sell it. The B2150 is too big to do the job I needed this time. Basically, the PO brought in some top soil and/or leveled the back yard putting the slab of the guest house slightly below grade with water diverted to the slab. I had previously planted a row of Cape Honeysuckle for the wife's humming birds and to form a hedge to shade the west side of the guest house. Anyway, the hedge is only about 6' from the house, which without damaging the plants too much gives me less than 5' to work in. The little 7100 and small tumbler box just barely fit in there. Slow going, but dropped that entire strip by about 5". I still need to do a little mile sculpting to add a sort of shallow trench to control run off flow from the roof, but all in all a successful day.

Of course it can't go too smooth, after all, this is me. When I got the 7100 lit, it wanted to die. Never done that before!? When it finally stayed lit, I heard a new sound. Realized the idler was not turning! So spent over an hour disassembling EVERYTHING on the left side so I could get the panel off so I could get to the idler. I HATE crap like that. All it needed was a slot for the exhaust, but NO, some twit decided a hole was better. Didn't realize it till today (oil changed with new filter just before I got it) but the same process is necessary just to change the oil filter! WTF were they thinking (or rather not). Tractors should be open to be worked on should the need arise. That POS side pane is going on a shelf in the shed. When convenient (or required) to remove the air filter, the right side will join it as well...

Oh, and while I'm grumbling, who designs these box blades anyway? No provision for weights at all??? I finally took 3 plates of 2" about 14" x 7" (press plates) and clamped them on with some big Armstrong clamps. Turned out just about right for the box size, tractor ability, and the not too terrible soil I was working. Still, when I hit the caliche it just sorta grazed across like it was on cement. Had to break it using the rippers, and then since I could offset due to house/hedge borders, I had to use a hand pick to break up the rest so the box could move it. So one more thing on my list of projects. Add a provision for adding weight selectively biased side to side. At my current rate and list, should get done around June of 2023...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
At my current rate and list, should get done around June of 2023...
I know exactly what you're saying…..:(

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
add hazard lights in my l1501dt.
it had turn right and left signals but i change the relay with bigger one from a car for more watt in the bulbs, now i run 2x35watt + the dash signal all together..
i have photos if anyone need them.