Added Rear Remotes and TnT

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Got the hoses in but Surplus Center has back ordered two of them. Ran 1/2 over the transmission to the left side rear.
Sorted out the power flow with the power going from manifold to new remote and power beyond(C) port out to power IN of FEL. I did have to install the block off plug inside this port per instructions.
Then the Power Beyond from FEL back down to manifold to feed three point. The tank return I was able to use a tee that had a ORB-8 male end that screwed into the loader valve tank port and has two JIC -8 males. One to the tank return from the new remote and one to the manifold return.

I owe you guys a diagram and closer pictures after I sort it all out to neater standards but here’s where I’m at today.

Part of the want was to not lose any ground clearance, not block the ability to easily disconnect the FEL QDs, and have the remotes tucked out of the way to allow the backhoe mounting not interfere. That one is still under development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Very interesting. looks clean. I just picked up a 2 spool valve to install 2 sets of remotes on my L2501 and have been looking for the best place to mount it. Never thought of just above the loader valve.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
I got this thing about 90% done today. Made the brackets to hold the disconnects, then started hooking up all the lines.
I screwed up by not marking the lines so I’d know which end went to what! In a flash of brilliance I thought of firing up the compressor and blowing air in one end of each line and finding the other end with air coming out. Worked out perfectly.

I had some leaks under pressure at the NPT threads for the quick disconnects so a quick run to Tractor Supply for some hydraulic rated thread sealant and fixed that.
Not one of the JIC fittings leaked. I’m a believer in them now.

Here’s some more pix.

Cutting some 1/4” plate with the plasma cutter.
Then drilling the holes with the press and hole saw. This went really quick with the drill RPM set as slow as possible at 200 rpm and lots of cutting oil.

Then some spray can paint and primer. No Kubota Gray on hand so black it is.
this is before paint.
A pic of the rear. I moved the females all too the top after this pic with males on the bottom.
Each one corresponds to the same lever left to right on the valve and top and bottom hose to make things simple when I try to remember what goes to where.

A shot of the front.

Then some beauty shots of the valve.

The last lever farthest to the outside I changed from a spring center to a detent one for the backhoe or a continuous drive like a splitter.

All in all I took a lot longer than needed with this one. I still have a couple of bolt holes to drill in the brackets to lock them in place, bend or cut and reweld the seat belt mounts that occupied some of that space, and change the fluid and filter as it’s about service time.

Lennyzx11

Equipment
L3301
Dec 18, 2015
Bennington Vermont
Added the top link cylinder for tilt. It came from tractor supply.
Still on the search for a tilt cylinder.

Worked great yesterday swapping from attachment to attachment and using the box blade, rake, and back blade.

The fittings and routing in this photo are makeshift while I await my yet another package from Hydraulic Discount Warehouse.
Part of the joys of living in a small town with a little Tractor Supply.

BirdDoc

Equipment
L3200HST
Nov 13, 2019
Taylor
That looks great. One question, how'd you figure out what size fittings to get for the PY and tank returns/T's?

KBW

Equipment
L2501, LA525 Loader, BB1260 Box Blade
Nov 26, 2020
Arizona
This is really helpful as I want to do a custom TNT setup on my L2501. Since I'm starting from zero on understanding hydraulics, it would be more than a little aid to get that diagram from Lenny. Since I have some experience on a JD landscape tractor my preference would be to have the spool valves located on the right side of the seat, but that might not be possible. It looks like Lenny gets the pressure from the FEL PB port instead of the distribution block, but I'm not sure I really follow his written description, yet. 'Still doing some head scratching. In my dreams I would like to keep all the hydraulics for the rear remotes aft of the distribution block, but maybe not possible.