BX2350 High Revs when Started

Lealands

Equipment
BX2350 and 60" Belly Mower
Apr 18, 2019
Herefordshire UK
Hi Everyone

Question from the UK please. I've just bought a second hand BX2350 with 125 hours today. Got home and used it for an hour or so with no problems, started it several times. I went back to it an hour or so later to put it inside and when it starts the revs are immediately flat out with lots & lots of black smoke. The hand throttle is in idle and moving it makes no difference to the revs up or down. When I turn the key off then nothing happens, just keeps on revving. :eek: After a couple of minutes the revs drop slightly and then the engine shuts down. I've tried it 4 times and the same every time.

The Ag Merchants I bought it off is now closed over Easter so wondered if anyone here might have an idea what's causing this please? I'm concerned to try it again in the morning in case of causing any damage. The temp was getting close to the red last time.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Several things.

Contamination of the diesel with gasoline or possibly something else.
Leaking injectors.
Bad injection pump.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you need to shut down a run away engine (too much fuel) you can block off all the air at the intake (by the air filter) with a heavy cloth, like a winter jacket. Just always be sure to use something large enough it won't get sucked into the engine.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
It sounds as if the control rack in the inj. pump is sticking in the "start" position..NOT GOOD.
OR if it has an electric shut off solenoid, the plunger could be bent..
IF u have an access panel below the inj. pump.?? remove it & WATCH what happens when u start & shut it off..
A good spray w/ some penetrating oil on the control rack might be inorder. & move the rack back & forth>> BY HAND<< till it frees up..
& keep inmind, D2CAT's post..
Good luck.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It sounds as if the control rack in the inj. pump is sticking in the "start" position..NOT GOOD.
OR if it has an electric shut off solenoid, the plunger could be bent..
IF u have an access panel below the inj. pump.?? remove it & WATCH what happens when u start & shut it off..
A good spray w/ some penetrating oil on the control rack might be inorder. & move the rack back & forth>> BY HAND<< till it frees up..
Good luck.

All this is done WITHOUT the tractor running

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Can’t edit above post???

Meant to say
All of the checks and lube and cleaning can be done WITHOUT the tractor running before starting it to see if it will idle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk