BX2360 Midmount Mower Won't Raise

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
I've searched but not found anything. Any help is appreciated.

Did about 90 minutes of mowing yesterday and the mower deck is stuck in the low position and will not raise. While mowing I raised and lowered the deck depending on grass height to avoid clogging the discharge and whenever I found I was scalping (or going through a gopher mound !) Right at the end I found the deck was all the way down - it had been in the raised position not 5 minutes before.

The pto turns and the blades cut. I just can't raise the deck.

The 3 point arms travel through their complete range when operating the lever, but the deck does not move.

Is something jammed ? Is something disconnected ?

This tractor is new to me about a year ago. I have never had the deck off.

The loader is off at this time and was off the entire time while mowing.

Thanks in advance (new member)

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
From the back of the tractor above the left rear tire look at the 3 pth lift arm and you should see the rod that has a nut on it that goes forward to a rotating arm that lifts the mower deck linkages. Make sure everything is working with all those linkages. Thats the best I can describe it to you. Hopefully the nut hasn't come off or something has broke loose on those linkages. Also check to make sure the deck is connected to the lift arms . maybe something has come undone ???

Last edited:

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
I know the deck is still attached to the arms - I was looking at taking the deck off for transporting the tractor to the shop for service.

I will look for the rod/linkage. Thank you very much.

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
Tinker, you called it perfectly. I found the linkage just where you said it would be. It has come disconnected from the 3 pt arm.

There must be a piece missing. The arm has a short shaft that still has a pin in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
Ok, I found the service manual online, page 5-m11 has what I need. Looks like all the parts are there, the deck must have bottomed out enough to jump out of the slot. I think I can fix this myself.

Thanks again for the lead!

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
Glad you found the problem. Looking at your pics I can see that the pin is in the wrong way. The head should be facing outwards towards the tire. Mine has a couple of washers on the head of the pin as well.From the looks of it why yours fell off was that the pin turned and worked itself out over the slotted part on the linkage.

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
Funny, I found a pair of washers down by the barn where I was wrapping up mowing. I figured they were part of what failed, but didn’t know whether anything else was missing, ir what “right” looked like.

pinstriper

Apr 14, 2019
Sherwood
Ok, that was a simple fix. I am glad no parts were lost. I hooked it up,put the washer in place, and replaced a chewed up cotter pin with a 1” split ring. Works a champ.

Thanks, Tinker.

Cpowers87

Equipment
2022 b2601
May 8, 2022
Michigan
I had the same thing happen. But lost the pin. Any idea part number is size of pin? Apparently washers too….