bx2200 3 point controls

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
I searched, but didn't find a post about this, so... what does the knob in front of and below the seat do to the 3 point? Does it control speed (It doesn't seem to), or depth (I can't tell), or is it just there for decoration?

thanks
David

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Re: bx2200 3 point cotrols

I searched, but didn't find a post about this, so... what does the knob in front of and below the seat do to the 3 point? Does it control speed (It doesn't seem to), or depth (I can't tell), or is it just there for decoration?

thanks
David
Controls the speed of the drop of the 3 pt. Do you have and implement on the back when checking? With no weight on it will be slow either way.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Re: bx2200 3 point cotrols

Does the shaft the knob attached to turn with the knob? Could be the roll pin is broken that attaches the knob to the shaft.

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
guess should check. I don't understand why they'd control the speed, but not the depth. Why do I care about the speed?

I certainly care about the depth....

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
Well, with nothing attached, it takes less than 3 seconds to drop when opened wide up, and 11 when closed down. So, I guess one COULD us a counting method to determine depth maybe. Or, could one jury rig a stop on the control lever somehow?

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
guess should check. I don't understand why they'd control the speed, but not the depth. Why do I care about the speed?

I certainly care about the depth....
Controlling the speed isn't about time. It's about making sure your rear implement descends at a reasonable speed. Put on a real lightweight rear implement, and you'll end up wanting to open it up so it doesn't take all day for the implement to reach the ground. Keep that setting and attach a heavy finish mower or something, and when you drop the 3ph your implement is going to crash to the ground with a lot of force if you don't crank that valve back in some.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well, with nothing attached, it takes less than 3 seconds to drop when opened wide up, and 11 when closed down. So, I guess one COULD us a counting method to determine depth maybe. Or, could one jury rig a stop on the control lever somehow?
Nope, neither of those will work.

If you needed an implement to only go to a depth and stop you would install a check chain on it. ;)

dggott

Equipment
bx2200
Jul 14, 2018
Tipton IA
and this check chain would be connected to?

I assume there's some established protocol for this. Alright, so I don't know a lot about 3 pt hitches- my dad never had a tractor with 3 pt until I went away to college, and I never did any field work after that ( I just got stuck grinding corn).

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The depth (or amount the 3-point hitch will drop)is controlled by the hydraulic lever you raise and lower the hitch with. Some tractors use what is called a "quarter inching valve" and others use "position control." Quarter inching is less precise and requires the operator to gauge the height he had previous set each time he raises and re-lowers the implement. Position control is a series of numbers that run along side the hitch lever. If you were on "3" before you raised the hitch, you can easily return to "3" after you raise the hitch and it will be exactly the same height as before.

The angle of your rear implement is controlled by your top link. You can retract or extend the top link length which will angle forward or backward your implement. A short top link also assists in lifting your implement higher off the ground. Some tractors have "draft control" which use a hydraulic top link and you can change this angle from the operator's position. The tractor can also "find" the right position while plowing...but very few compact tractor owners are using their machine for field plowing, so draft control isn't extremely common.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
hmmmm…. I'm guessing it doesn't have to be a particularly heavy chain...
If it is a mower or such just enough for implement. If it is a plow the there is more force involved so stronger chain required. But I imagine that most people use moderately strong chains for everything since they have it to use.

I think that most tractor store/shop will have a kit with brackets to attach to tractor or implement. I’ll post a link if I can locate what I mean. It is a more elegant solution to the problem.

Here is one
http://www.ntractorclub.com/howtos/pdfs/Limiter-Chains.pdf

Here is a kit for purchase
https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/mower-deck-stabilizer-kit-103201.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: