Sold my 8" pto chipper just now

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Put it on here a while ago and no bites so I listed it on Craigslisr and it went crazy.

Got at least 10 phone calls and the first guy that came took it with him and was tickled for $1000.00

I was a bit concerned with CL but it was painless. :D

Maybe I need to sell on of my M's and get a new emission compliant tractor....

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sitting in a drs office waiting room and nearly fell out of my chair:eek:

Those of us with lungs and the Antarctic penguins are delighted to hear it :) and also those folks living at sea level.....

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
When you buy a bigger one are you going to call that buyer up and tell him yours is bigger?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When you buy a bigger one are you going to call that buyer up and tell him yours is bigger?
I was surprised that no one was interested on here in as much as a new one is around 2 grand from WoodMax., only reason I said anything. Response was fantastic. Sold it in 2 hours.

Bigger what? Bigger chipper? I don't need a chippe in as much as I sharpen commercial chipper knives for local tree companies so getting limbs chipped is a simple call. Most times when they drop off knives and anvils they come with their trucks and chippers anyway.

Bigger tractor, don't need anything bigger than the 90 actually. The 105 is overkill. Most PTO power I need is about 75 to run the round baler and usually a lot less.

If I did buy a new Kubota, would probably be a lower horsepower MX open station with a hydraulic shuttle for a raking tractor, no loader just the tractor and double remotes.

My big issue is switching implements all the time so I need two tractors. The 9 would stay married to the round baler because it's a complex hookup with all the hydraulics and electronics that have to be coupled and the other would be my rake and mow tractor and mowing and raking isn't bad but round baling requires a cab as it's dusty and I dislike dust. Something about a climate controlled cab makes for a better workday in the field.

The 105 is just a tad too big and cumbersome for my uses.

My other motive is I want to have the use of a tractor up north on our hunting land and the 105 is too big to trailer up there. I can haul it (and have before) but it's just too far to pull it.

Been looking at used ones that aren't beat. Don't want to buy someone else's problems.

Being a pre-tier 4 tractor, the 105 will hold it's value. Should be able to sell it for a fair price should I decide to off it.Well maintained with all service records including oil analysis of the engine and transmission oils. All mechanical, no electronics, turbo charged charge air cooled, 24 speed powershift.

Bigger, nope. Smaller, certainly.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Sitting in a drs office waiting room and nearly fell out of my chair:eek:

Those of us with lungs and the Antarctic penguins are delighted to hear it :) and also those folks living at sea level.....
This is just too funny!:D:D:D

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Maybe I need to sell on of my M's and get a new emission compliant tractor....
If it would make you feel better you could start lighting your cigars with $100 bills and keep the M tractor. Or mail me a monthly cheque for consulting fees for aggravation prevention...better for your lungs.