Be careful

RabidWrench

Mar 21, 2019
Marietta
Before I sold Kubota, I worked for a rental yard (maintaining equipment)
One customer was sitting sideways on a hill, bucket all the way up, and he was turning uphill no less. This was the result. Luckily he wasn’t hurt, but he certainly could have been. Be careful when you are operating your Kubota (or any other piece of equipment) gravity always wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I laid mine on its side one time and it wasn't on a hill and the bucket was at minimal height. I was slowly backing up and the right rear tire sunk from the weight and over it went. I was wearing my seat belt and all the safety features work perfectly.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Couple guys in Texas were killed last week. Bucket came down on them and crushed one guys' head. Dunno what happened to the other. Both were technicians working on it.

Y'all SLOW DOWN and be careful out there. Machinery will kill you quickly and with zero mercy.

Many moons ago when I lived in the city, my dad had a friend who lived way out in central Nebraska. They h ad a pretty good sized farm and of course all the farm equipment to go with it. Mom & dad would take us out there for a few days to escape the city and then hope the house was still there when we got back. Anyway, the girl that lived there and I were the same age, and we got along awesome. We decided that we were going to go ride the 3 wheelers and of course me being a "boy", on the way back to the house I decided to outrun her. Never gave second thought. Got back to the house and knew she was going to be a little late since I was riding like an idiot. Well 10 minutes or so go by and no signs of her, no sounds of a 3 wheeler, nothing. So I hopped back on and went back to find her-and I did. She apparently got squirrely and ran into a bale spear that was on the back of her dad's tractor, which impaled her just below the left eyeball, exiting the left side of her head behind the ear. I RAN (not rode) back to the house & told them, they got in the truck and waited for the ambulance to get there. She lived a long time until cancer took her last year. Point being, try not to be careless. I don't ever want to see something like that again and certainly don't ever want to even hear about it either.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I’m 71 and this is my first tractor. It’s a great tool but not to be thought of as a a regular vehicle that can do ‘stuff’. I had no idea how ‘tippy’ this thing was until almost rolling over after just having one wheel drop into a 3” deep hole. My 2” wheel spacers are being delivered today!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I had one "slow lean" because I was stuck in mud on one side and it started sinking - I was able to grab a 4X4 post that was right there and brace it from the top of the rear tire to the base of a tree, and then cram some other wood into the mud under the tire so I averted a full tip over. I have had a couple scares too, but managed to drop the bucket in time when I felt things "bounce". Stay safe out there!

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Couple guys in Texas were killed last week. Bucket came down on them and crushed one guys' head. Dunno what happened to the other. Both were technicians working on it.

Y'all SLOW DOWN and be careful out there. Machinery will kill you quickly and with zero mercy.

Many moons ago when I lived in the city, my dad had a friend who lived way out in central Nebraska. They h ad a pretty good sized farm and of course all the farm equipment to go with it. Mom & dad would take us out there for a few days to escape the city and then hope the house was still there when we got back. Anyway, the girl that lived there and I were the same age, and we got along awesome. We decided that we were going to go ride the 3 wheelers and of course me being a "boy", on the way back to the house I decided to outrun her. Never gave second thought. Got back to the house and knew she was going to be a little late since I was riding like an idiot. Well 10 minutes or so go by and no signs of her, no sounds of a 3 wheeler, nothing. So I hopped back on and went back to find her-and I did. She apparently got squirrely and ran into a bale spear that was on the back of her dad's tractor, which impaled her just below the left eyeball, exiting the left side of her head behind the ear. I RAN (not rode) back to the house & told them, they got in the truck and waited for the ambulance to get there. She lived a long time until cancer took her last year. Point being, try not to be careless. I don't ever want to see something like that again and certainly don't ever want to even hear about it either.
That story about the girl makes me cringe.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I grew up running tractors and never rolled one yet. Rolled a quad a couple of times.

Bought my BX23 a few years ago and with the FEL and backhoe attached, it's by far the most uncomfortable tractor I've ever driven in terms of stability. Those tractors I grew up with, some much bigger and some smaller, none had a FEL or backhoe. Take off the FEL and backhoe and my BX23 feels pretty stable.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
I’m 71 and this is my first tractor. It’s a great tool but not to be thought of as a a regular vehicle that can do ‘stuff’. I had no idea how ‘tippy’ this thing was until almost rolling over after just having one wheel drop into a 3” deep hole. My 2” wheel spacers are being delivered today!
What model do you have? I have an MX5800, and have never experienced that. I really work the thing hard, on very unforgiving land.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
What model do you have? I have an MX5800, and have never experienced that. I really work the thing hard, on very unforgiving land.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It’s a new BX2380 with FEL. Much smaller tractor than yours, I believe.....

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I would suspect a BX is the most stable of all the Kubota tractors due to having the lowest center of gravity. A backhoe changes the equation on any tractor though.

Jpatrick

Equipment
BX1850, L210, Various 3 point implements
Apr 4, 2017
Buckingham, Pa
Yes, a Bx with a loader can be more than a little tipsy. The power of the loader relative to the low weight of the tractor means you can get into trouble really quick, especially on hillsides. That's true even when you've got good ballast in the rear in the form of implement or weight box, or backhoe.

If you've got something in the loader and you need to go on a hillside, take it really slow and give yourself time to respond to danger.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I would suspect a BX is the most stable of all the Kubota tractors due to having the lowest center of gravity. A backhoe changes the equation on any tractor though.
Fairly narrow though too.

Like I said, mine is pretty stable by itself. Add the FEL and backhoe though and it strikes me as fairly unstable.

I'm looking at upgrading from my BX23 to a B2601 or B2650 TLB. Been wondering what the stability is like on those two.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,

Like I said, mine is pretty stable by itself. Add the FEL and backhoe though and it strikes me as fairly unstable.

I'm looking at upgrading from my BX23 to a B2601 or B2650 TLB. Been wondering what the stability is like on those two.

I had a bx2370 with fel. Like you, i felt like the bx was very stable with the loader off. I currently own a b2650 with fel and feel its every bit as stable as the bx was. I have zero concerns with a roll over when the fel is off the machine.(Not saying it cant happen). I however cant say how a backhoe would make it feel.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
Load the rear tires too.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH

I have a B2920 and it is extremely stable. I work on slopes. I attached two pics...on one, the slope is obvious. No loader, and a 300lb belly mower helps lower the center of gravity. The other pic doesn't accurately show the slope well, but it is very steep. I have a 500lb flail mower on the back and keep the loader very low.

Attachments

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Yes, the dealer did that before they delivered it. They won’t sell one without doing that. Got the spacers installed and the difference is huge. Before and after pictures attached......
In reverse order, or are my eyes going?