Trailer size for our new puchase

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Interesting, thanks!

ETA: I'm getting into the same questions in two threads, I'll stick to just replying with more in one.
Posted some pics on your other thread. Hope it helps.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Was the 16' overloaded or just didn't provide enough space to properly balance the load?

I consider my 16' to be really nice and smooth. I'm giving a little consideration to upgrading to an 18', purely because I'm thinking about upgrading my tractor.

Still not sold on the dovetail. Definitely would make it easier to load tractors, especially with mower decks. But I'm afraid I'll be dragging that dovetail on the ground in places.
Both at times. Depending on what I had to take with me I was to heavy and/or not enough room.

I had a really nice all square tubing 16' that I thought pulled great. I was really amazed with the 20' though. Going down the road the balance was just all around better and the extra length seemed to handle the bumps easier. It was also nice not to have rails on the new one as well.

Can't say anything about a 18' but I'll say that for a equipment trailer I'll never have on without a dovetail. Makes loading anything you haul so much easier. May be worth thinking about going to one longer than 18'. Having a 20' deck plus the dovetail is really nice.

Especially if you're thinking about a bigger tractor go ahead and get more trailer than you need now so it can handle what you need in the future. It'll be money well spent down the road.

Marktor

Equipment
B2301, LA434, BH70, 54" Box Blade, 48" field mower
Mar 24, 2019
Renton, WA
Well, we found a good deal on a lightly used 16' car hauler trailer, so that that's what we took to the dealer, some 190 miles away. We ended up purchasing the B2301 HSD with Rim Guard, front loader, backhoe and the Land Pride RCR1548 brush hog. The trailer and tow rig worked great. We bought the 54" box blade here in our home town since the dealer didn't have one and the trailer was getting crowded.

Now we just have to wait for a break in out infernal Northwest rain to really put that tractor to work.

I will post a picture of the loaded trailer, as soon as I figure out how it's done.