l2501 owners opinions please

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
OMG, this is why I live in Carolina. We dont shovel heat! LOL
Been pouring rain for 2 straight days and nights and I still got this crap in my yard, LOL.

Now the temp is below freezing again this morning.

But at least I don't have to mow this, LOL.

Attachments

pedzola

Jun 2, 2016
Southern NH
Another happy L2501 owner here. Will be 3 years this summer.

I have gotten a lot of value out of a standard tooth bar for my bucket, and a couple of relatively inexpensive attachments from Titan:

These pallet forks...

...and this stump bucket.

I just ordered a grapple and 3rd function kit, which I am excited about, but honestly the forks and stump bucket have served me very well for moving brush, rocks, etc. I have used the forks much more than I thought I would. They have been excellent.

Should also mention I use my landscape rake way more than expected as well.

The L2501 has been problem-free and have used it for so many different tasks I probably cant remember half of them. Felt expensive at first but looking back I'm pretty happy with the purchase!

kubotus maximus

Equipment
L2501hst
Mar 12, 2019
iowa
Another happy L2501 owner here. Will be 3 years this summer.

I have gotten a lot of value out of a standard tooth bar for my bucket, and a couple of relatively inexpensive attachments from Titan:

These pallet forks...

...and this stump bucket.

I just ordered a grapple and 3rd function kit, which I am excited about, but honestly the forks and stump bucket have served me very well for moving brush, rocks, etc. I have used the forks much more than I thought I would. They have been excellent.

Should also mention I use my landscape rake way more than expected as well.

The L2501 has been problem-free and have used it for so many different tasks I probably cant remember half of them. Felt expensive at first but looking back I'm pretty happy with the purchase!
Thanks for sharing pedzola. That set of titan forks is one I am looking at. Just don't know if I'd be happy with it not being adjustable width. A landscape rake is on the wish list also but for now forks and teeth might be all I can afford. Keep a update of your 3rd function grapple and how it works out.

degoniaorange82

Equipment
l2501hst, 5ft. tiller, box blade and finnish mower, subsoiler and plow
Nov 9, 2017
southwest indiana
Mr Maximus, nice choice in tractor! Mine is 1.5 yrs old, and I cant want more than what it does! I bought the land pride qa pallet forks with mine, and it really is a needed tool. Loots of uses, no need to put hooks on your bucket. Without emissions crap,(my brother has a green one with that stuff) I don't see how these tractors can be beat. Enjoy!

kubotus maximus

Equipment
L2501hst
Mar 12, 2019
iowa
Well I was able to get into the timber today and I must say this tractor did not disappoint. Pulled everything I put a chain or cable on then pushed the logs into pile where I can get to them easier at later date. It got around every obstacle I came across. I'm glad I got the ag tires as it wasn't the driest yet. I know I only have 5ish hours on it but I'm very happy with the 2501.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Congratulations thats what would replace my old L26o if my wallet didn't have a hole in it.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Nice tractor. Right now I have an MX4800 and a B2920. It's looking very likely I will be selling the B and buying an L2501.

The tires discussion is interesting. My B2920 and previous L4310 both had R4 tires; my MX has R1 tires. If I buy the L2501, it will have the R4 tires.

I have done extensive snow plowing with both machines and never had an issue in snow with either tire. For deep, unbroken snow, the R1's work better. For slippery, packed snow, I find the R4's work better.

There is no doubt on grass the R1's dig into the ground more, but by not using 4x4 and being careful to avoid tight turns, you can operate on a finished lawn with the ag tires and not really leave a mark. However, the R4 tires are better in this regard.

Mud is where the R4's fail, in my experience. They will load up and not self clean at all. Ags don't do that, and the basic "V" design helps propel the machine forward. R4's don't have a vee pattern at all, which is mainly why the work better on turf.

R4 tires are tougher and wider. I think R4 is probably better for operating on a sidehill because there is simply more footprint on the ground. That said, I have successfully operated my MX on pretty extreme sidehills on Ag tires. They are set out to the widest position.

In the case of me getting a 2501, it comes down to availability. Most of these tractors simply come with R4's. That's fine with me.