Model Specific Forums

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I'd wish that the moderators/webmaster would allow the creation of Model Specific Forums discussions.... or at least Model Lines... such as L-Series, BX-Series, M-Series.... so we could discuss items more specific to our particular models. Let's start with the M4700/M5400 series...?? :D

Cobraone

Equipment
B2650, G1800 FWS, B2782B snow blower, RC48G20 mower deck
Jan 27, 2018
Boyne City, Michigan
I would second that! I do use the search function to find specific post pertaining to my model

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Under community near top of page click on it and their are some specific social groups.

Is that what you are looking?

Groups for L's, Bx's, etc.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry moderators have no ability to create forum.
I will pass it on to the administrators. ;)

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
folk with way more knowledge than I can answer this..... what value is there in model specific forums? I ask cause there may be sooo many things that are conceptually the same between models..... that asking questions in specific forums will get fewer views thus fewer responses where asking same question in a more generalized forum would get one many more views and responses... and the replies will be 90% spot on.

having been a forum user.... and moderator for decades... folk tend to hang around ONLY in a forum specific to their rig. works great if there is specific forums that have thousands registered members with same rig (with only 10th of that participating) ... like say Jeep 4x4 TJ where there is close to a 2 million* on the road and 15,000* forum users online that talk about them...

but if the total population of that rig is small..... example there is only maybe 30,000* L model tractors in operation in the US but only 7* folk with them are active members here.... then it becomes a mute point.

*absolutely guestimated number I just pulled out from my arse... but you get the point. Less viewers = less responses = less good info passed on

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I learn a lot about other models in the current format. That's useful in a general way but also should I decide to bulk up so to speak.

Might lose some of that with specific forums.

My 2 cents

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I agree that the volume is too low for model specific. Also, there are people who own a particular tractor(s) different from mine who know way more about my model than I do.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
folk with way more knowledge than I can answer this..... what value is there in model specific forums? I ask cause there may be sooo many things that are conceptually the same between models..... that asking questions in specific forums will get fewer views thus fewer responses where asking same question in a more generalized forum would get one many more views and responses... and the replies will be 90% spot on.

having been a forum user.... and moderator for decades... folk tend to hang around ONLY in a forum specific to their rig. works great if there is specific forums that have thousands registered members with same rig (with only 10th of that participating) ... like say Jeep 4x4 TJ where there is close to a 2 million* on the road and 15,000* forum users online that talk about them...

but if the total population of that rig is small..... example there is only maybe 30,000* L model tractors in operation in the US but only 7* folk with them are active members here.... then it becomes a mute point.

*absolutely guestimated number I just pulled out from my arse... but you get the point. Less viewers = less responses = less good info passed on

That is a voice of experience ....well said!!:) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As much as the thought seems sound to divide and conquer - the problem is, most of us read almost every "new" post that comes up, if the originator places correct info in the heading, that alone separates those posts that one wishes to read.

Someone has a post on adding hydraulic rears.....well, that might not be up my alley of interest......

then again someone says they are having fuel problems on a BX, I might want to read that one.

I think that this is the smoothest, quickest to respond ....and o yes - funniest group of girls and guys, if there could only be more to join to the party!;)