Level Indicator

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I don’t know the kit number, but have you ever used a kubota loader with the level indicator?
My L4060 has one, and I find it next to useless. Much easier imho to look at the top plate on the loader bucket. My previous L3410 had a small bracket welded to the top right side of the bucket to see when it was level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 8, 2014
oregon
The level indicator is pretty accurate when the bucket is down on flat ground. It's also helpful when you drop the bucket and curl and the same time. Don't know if the part # is right for you though.

Smokeless

Equipment
3901/Loader/Rear Blade/Box Blade/LP Mower/Pallet forks IH M,,Cub & sickle mower
Feb 5, 2018
Southern Illinois
My dealer talked me out of acquiring a bucket level indicator when I purchased my 3901. They maintained as previously noted "watch the top plate of the bucket". I have found it accurate and easy after a couple tries. Its now automatic.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum.

As previously stated, after some trial and error, I now can use the flat top plate to level the bucket. I first wanted to get the leveler, but now I am glad that I didn't waste my money.

onequikz

Equipment
L4701
Jul 9, 2018
Cecilia, KY
Thanks for the replies, I understand looking at the top plate, but this would be helpful for the times the wife is using the machine, so can anyone verify if that is the correct kit # for my machine?

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Hi all, just received my new Kubota L4701 with LA765 FEL. I’m looking to purchase the level indicator kit, is L2130 the correct kit for this loader?

Thanks

That number is referenced in Messicks online parts diagram (title page of parts breakdown), however, the actual parts diagram only shows individual part numbers. It may be that L2130 refers to an option number, and after the tractor sale you may have to order the individual parts.

prof.fate

Equipment
75 L175, 14 toro timesaver, Landpride boxblade, countyline auger
Nov 9, 2017
Beaver, PA
As stated, it works well near the ground with the bucket. My kioti included it and I find it useful.

I got forks and it's worthless with them- where level would be more important fo course.

Jfeco

Equipment
Mx5200
Jul 8, 2018
Foley Mo
Just bought one and it works great! Was tired of getting off the tractor to see the bucket

bbqboyee

Equipment
L4701
Mar 30, 2019
Georgetown, TX
Hi all, just received my new Kubota L4701 with LA765 FEL. I’m looking to purchase the level indicator kit, is L2130 the correct kit for this loader?

Thanks
I came here looking for this exact question, or to ask it if hadn't been already. I've browsed the replies and I see a lot of opinions about whether or not this kit is really useful, but I don't think the question has been definitively answered. Is L2130 in fact the correct model number for the LA765 loader on a L4701? Thanks.

rjcorazza

Equipment
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I came here looking for this exact question, or to ask it if hadn't been already. I've browsed the replies and I see a lot of opinions about whether or not this kit is really useful, but I don't think the question has been definitively answered. Is L2130 in fact the correct model number for the LA765 loader on a L4701? Thanks.

According to Messicks:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Onequikz, welcome to the forum. I think Rjcorazza got the part number for you. You have a nice tractor and implements. It appears your bucket has a flat plate on the top (some of the smaller units do not).

If you train yourself to view any place you can see that top plate as you use your loader you will soon be an effective at determining the pitch of your loader. When the plate is level so is the bottom of your bucket.

Also, you'll soon get the feel of how much material you're peeling off if you're only wanting an inch or so. If you have livestock and want to clean manure, you'll quickly learn how much pressure and angle to back-drag it out of the barn. Or the same when you are pushing forward.

It'll make operating your tractor much more fun, just knowing you're in control of the details. And soon, instead of playing with a toy, you'll be an operator!

Have fun!!

bbqboyee

Equipment
L4701
Mar 30, 2019
Georgetown, TX
In the interest of answering the question that was asked rather than offering an unsolicited opinion on whether or not it makes sense to use such an apparatus, I purchased the L2130 level indicator kit for my L4701 with the LA765 loader and I can confirm that it is the correct part. The instructions were written before the LA765 loader was manufactured so that particular loader is not mentioned, but the kit is easily installed.

Reactions: 1 user

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
This is the kit number for my L4701.
And I LIKE it!
That "top plate" stuff might work for you, but this is a lot easier for me and was worth the $65.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
bbqboyee and lc12, I sure did not intend to offend either of you.

I understand some folks have to have a level any time they want something vertical or horizontal, they do not have the feel for what is level or perpendicular...so they need a tool.

I'm also sure there are some folks who would like to get better at operating their equipment, and maybe just never had an opportunity to learn. That's all I was offering. Just something to practice if one would choose to.

Just for your informaton, the part number was provide for the original poster by Rjcorazza in post #11 one week before you two posted your comments!

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
bbqboyee and lc12, I sure did not intend to offend either of you.

I understand some folks have to have a level any time they want something vertical or horizontal, they do not have the feel for what is level or perpendicular...so they need a tool.

I'm also sure there are some folks who would like to get better at operating their equipment, and maybe just never had an opportunity to learn. That's all I was offering. Just something to practice if one would choose to.

Just for your informaton, the part number was provide for the original poster by Rjcorazza in post #11 one week before you two posted your comments!
Hey D2Cat, I have been away for a bit and just read your reply.
NO OFFENSE was taken at all, at least by me!
I understand the idea of looking at the top plate of the loader, forks, etc., but I am a bit on the "short" side and sometimes it is difficult for me to see the top plate well enough to do what I need to do. Especially when using my pallet forks.
Though I can see the top plate well enough with the forks it always seemed like I still had them tipped slightly.
With the level indicator I never have that problem, so for me it was worth the little bit of money it cost.
Again, no offense was taken at your reply, and I thank you for your input.