diy piranha tooth bar and bucket hooks

phantomgeo

Equipment
bx2200
Oct 1, 2013
Out there some where
I made one about 2 years ago, best thing I ever made. I used a medal band saw from Harbor Freight then ground to make the angle on the teeth. Didn't take too long and still going strong......wonderful item. Works fantastic!

85 Sovereign

Equipment
L4701 HST
May 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Very nice build job! You've inspired me to attempt my own. I think I have some left over cutting edge from my old snow plow that should work nicely. Just need to figure out a good guide for the plasma cutter to get nice straight angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcarnage2

Equipment
B3300SU
Nov 13, 2017
Pullman, MI, USA
Hello,

Just now getting to reading this post. Wish I had done a search on diy piranha bar sooner. Now I can save my money and get myself a plasma cutter and make one!!!Can you please tell me how wide your bar was (back to leading edge of the teeth? It look like about 4". Is that correct?

Awesome build man!!!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
If that was all freehand with a 4" wheel, I'm impressed with your steady hand!
Well done!

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Let me ask this.
If you had to guess all of your time (what it is worth), all of the wheels you used and the cost of the steel.....are you breaking even with just purchasing a mfg. Piranaha bar? Could you make them for others and actually make a profit?

mrcarnage2

Equipment
B3300SU
Nov 13, 2017
Pullman, MI, USA
Let me ask this.
If you had to guess all of your time (what it is worth), all of the wheels you used and the cost of the steel.....are you breaking even with just purchasing a mfg. Piranaha bar? Could you make them for others and actually make a profit?
If you enjoy fabricating, time's not really an issue. Depending on where you get your steel from, price could very quite a bit. If you have a plasma cutter you are only paying for electricity and consumables. If its something needed right away it may be worth the $300+ dollars it would cost me to buy a piranha bar. But I could buy a plasma cutter and still make one for most of the cost for the bar alone and now have a new tool. Plus there is the satisfaction aspect and if you are going to make them to sell you might want to check and see if BX expanded has a patent or copyright on it.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
skeets, funny you should mention that. My neighbor works at a steel store and called me today. Said he had some ar500 and what size did I need. He brought me 6 targets. I guess it helps that his son just bought a blackout 300.