Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 09-29-2017   #31
Creature Meadow

4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2012 L4600, 5' Disk, 4' Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Default Re: Guns and toolboxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by m7060 View Post
This is my M7060 mounts. Although I like the magnet idea but not sure of retention ability in rough fields....
Is the rifle a Remington Nylon 66? Have one I bought over 30 years ago for coon hunting.
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2017   #32
helomech
4th Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjk View Post
Had the same discussion with the wife on wanting to mount a holster on my B3200. Her response, why don't you just wear it. Sig P229 on the belt. I found that my daily conceal holster that fits in the small of my back is not a good choice on the tractor. Tears me up. I will be looking in to making something to hold my 223 for coyotes. Just have to work on how to handle the scope and hope it doesn't get shaken out of alignment.

With the holders mounted to the frame and in dryer conditions, how much dust do you get accumulating in the bolt / slide area? At least with my pistol on me, my shirt covers the butt of the gun keeping it clean.
If you got a quality mount, it should not be a problem keeping it sighted in. I fell out a tree climbing stand with my rifle from about 25 feet up and it never lost zero.
helomech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #33
bcbull378
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper

I carry my 22-250 for coyotes have killed several from the seat of the L3830
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47ACC0D9-F0D0-4944-9F1F-1A2E4C4FAFC1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	42236  
Old 6 Days Ago   #34
ranger danger
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L245DT,M4000 Takeuchi TB 35s mini ex, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator

Im a truck driver by trade, Been carrying for 30 years. The best way I found was a cross body driving holster. I NEVER leave my gun ANYWHERE. This type holster can be concealed with a light shirt or jacket. Lots of makers of this type so a search will net you lots of choices.
Attached Images

Last edited by ranger danger; 6 Days Ago at 07:01 AM.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #35
mike paulson
2nd Yr. Apprentice

I carry concealed whenever I leave the house and am an avid Hunter. When I'm on my tractor I'm way too busy to worry about having a firearm mounted in my cab for varmints or whatever, or to grab a gun before I climb into the cab. I really couldn't see leaving a dedicated gun in my tractor cab either. I set aside time for hunting that is just for hunting. I guess if I was logging and had to worry about grizzlies maybe yes. But hey whatever floats your boat.
mike paulson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #36
D2Cat

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature Meadow View Post
Is the rifle a Remington Nylon 66? Have one I bought over 30 years ago for coon hunting.
Saw your question about Remington Nylon 66. When they sold they had a lifetime warranty on the stock. The rifle was very popular. At some point Remington let the patent expire on the nylon product.

Years later another company uses the same chemistry to build weed eater line! And it's good stuff!!

"Remember the quality of your question directly affects the quality of your answer."
D2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #37
GeoHorn

2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger danger View Post
Im a truck driver by trade, Been carrying for 30 years. The best way I found was a cross body driving holster. I NEVER leave my gun ANYWHERE. This type holster can be concealed with a light shirt or jacket. Lots of makers of this type so a search will net you lots of choices.
Bill Jordan (author and Border Patrol Supervisor/Agent) points out that a cross-draw holster is excellent.... for your opponent. It presents the pistol perfectly for him to draw it on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maclean View Post
I use a drop leg tactical holster or my Keltec in a Galco pocket holster. Tractor gets too dusty and dirty and I smack and break enough stuff accidentally...
The best way to carry a Keltec is to throw it on the floor. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll bounce away and get plowed under or shredded.

Last edited by GeoHorn; 4 Days Ago at 09:37 AM.
GeoHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #38
skeets
VIP Service Tech

Equipment: BX 2360

To each his own I guess,,,, but I would rather carry a Hi-Point than a kel tec,, just MHO
skeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #39
ranger danger
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota L245DT,M4000 Takeuchi TB 35s mini ex, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator

[QUOTE=GeoHorn;332068]Bill Jordan (author and Border Patrol Supervisor/Agent) points out that a cross-draw holster is excellent.... for your opponent. It presents the pistol perfectly for him to draw it on you.

I don't really claim to be any kind of expert but, when I'm sitting at the wheel of a vehicle, I don't see how someone is going to get in front of me to take my weapon. It has been my experience of 35+ years of carrying a weapon and professional driving that cross draw is, for me, the most comfortable way to carry a weapon on me while driving. When I'm not at the wheel, I have other ways of carrying that I prefer.
Bill Jordan was an expert in the field, in his day and for his purpose.

Last edited by ranger danger; 4 Days Ago at 03:16 AM.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago   #40
War Eagle
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2012 B3000HSDC and Allis Chalmer 5020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmar View Post
....... Also has anyone found a good tool box that fits behind the seat?
Here is something I did for my tool box behind the seat of my B3000. It might also work if your cab has similar setup.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/fo...ad.php?t=40600
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote