Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 5 Days Ago   #1
Keeth1123
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: Kubota B2650
Default Auger for B2650

Before anyone gets too crazy, I have read numerous articles about which auger to use for the B2650. As a result, I have an idea of which one to purchase. What I am wanting to hear is people who actually have a 2650 and auger. I want to hear the review of your product and how it went when using it.

For me, I will be installing 5 acres worth of fencing as well as planting numerous trees in the future; however, the fence project is top priority. Luckily, my property is soft sand as the lot was formerly planted property. I only anticipate a few holes that may pose problematic as they are through some gravel. I plan to move this gravel as it is needed to be gone anyway.

Throw in any tips and tricks that you have learned in keeping the process running smoothly and ending with a professional looking fence.

I plan on purchasing a 9" auger bit as this one bit seems to be a good compromise to get the larger corner posts and the normal posts as well. As far as for the auger itself, I was looking at one of the models from Tractor Supply or Rural King.

Again, I have read the horror stories of people telling the poster that the tractor is tool small and it will never do it unless it is digging "jello" but I have not seen too many responses from actual owners who tried it.

Materials:

Red Brand field fence
6" corner posts (wood)
4" posts (wood)
(1) 12' main gate
(2) 8' gates w/ attached field fence on south and west fence lines
Keeth1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Days Ago   #2
leoric
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Default Re: Auger for B2650

I haven't used one with my tractor yet but I'd like to hear your experience when you get yours.
Old 4 Days Ago   #3
rjcorazza
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD331

No direct experience with a B2650, but I put my fence in years ago with a much smaller B8200 without issue. Your 2650 will be more than capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rjcorazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #4
Russell King
Journeyman

Equipment: L185F
Default Auger for B2650

Nothing to do with your questions but for the fence...
I recommend you learn how to make a strong H brace or L brace for the corners. Look at Kencove fencing for steel pins to hold the horizontal brace to the vertical posts and help hold the tension wire in place.

You may want to learn about hi tension field fence.

You may want to learn to gut stretch the fence.

You may want to look at gripple brand devices to join and stretch fence. They also sell nice kits to use for the h brace instead of twisting wire.

You may want a smaller diameter auger for the line posts or you may have trouble keeping them vertical.

Base everything on 8 foot post spacing for field fence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Russell King; 4 Days Ago at 06:51 PM.
Russell King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #5
Dave_eng
Journeyman

Equipment: M7040, Nuffield 465

Or consider post pounders rather than drilling holes.

Amazing what they can drive a post into. A mini pile driver and not hard on your tractor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvpuvaLUqaM

Dave
Dave_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #6
leoric
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_eng View Post

Amazing what they can drive a post into. A mini pile driver and not hard on your tractor.

Dave
Almost every farmer I know drives their posts for field fence. It's faster and cheaper.
Old 4 Days Ago   #7
vic gerbasi
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M110 L3300
Smile Re: Auger for B2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeth1123 View Post
Before anyone gets too crazy, I have read numerous articles about which auger to use for the B2650. As a result, I have an idea of which one to purchase. What I am wanting to hear is people who actually have a 2650 and auger. I want to hear the review of your product and how it went when using it.

For me, I will be installing 5 acres worth of fencing as well as planting numerous trees in the future; however, the fence project is top priority. Luckily, my property is soft sand as the lot was formerly planted property. I only anticipate a few holes that may pose problematic as they are through some gravel. I plan to move this gravel as it is needed to be gone anyway.

Throw in any tips and tricks that you have learned in keeping the process running smoothly and ending with a professional looking fence.

I plan on purchasing a 9" auger bit as this one bit seems to be a good compromise to get the larger corner posts and the normal posts as well. As far as for the auger itself, I was looking at one of the models from Tractor Supply or Rural King.

Again, I have read the horror stories of people telling the poster that the tractor is tool small and it will never do it unless it is digging "jello" but I have not seen too many responses from actual owners who tried it.

Materials:

Red Brand field fence
6" corner posts (wood)
4" posts (wood)
(1) 12' main gate
(2) 8' gates w/ attached field fence on south and west fence lines

you may want to rent/or get someone to use a post pounder they are easy to use and faster than digging holes
vic gerbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #8
conropl
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L3560 HSDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_eng View Post

Dave
The smallest post pounder (of that brand) requires 12 GPM hydraulic flow; but the total hydraulic flow the B2650 produces is only 8.7 GPM. Since the ram speed is the main driving force, I would say it would not work to well on that size tractor... the flow is just to low.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Old 4 Days Ago   #9
Stmar
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650HSDC

I already had an auger that I used with my 8Ns and since I did not use it that much I figured I would keep it and use it on my B2650HSDC. First thing I had to do was switch the mounting pins from outside to inside, the B2650 3pt arms do not spread enough to use the pins outside. The next thing I noticed was that the control/positioning arm had to be removed because it hit the cab. Once I got those things done I had to learn to mount the auger, top mount had to be hooked up first then the side pins. Then it worked like a charm, put the PTO rpm at 520 rpms and drill away. I have used it on fence posts and trees and it works much better than when used on the 8Ns, 6" bit and keep the cutters sharp. My property has sand, clay and top soil with a few rocks.
Stmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago   #10
shootem604
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH

The OP wants to plant trees too, so a post pounder isn't ideal for that
shootem604 is offline   Reply With Quote