BX Quick Attach is it worth it?

kskomro

Equipment
BX1880, Loader, Rear Blade 60", Carry all
Feb 25, 2014
Center of CT
I have a new Kubota Bx and I'm thinking of getting of getting the older style Quick Attach, not the skid steer setup. At some point i'd like to take the bucket off and put on a set of Forks, and snow plow. The price is a little steep at just over $500, Plus the cost of attachment. Plus adds 50 lbs to the front weight thus lowers lifting by 50 lbs. Has anyone seen problems with lifting capacity's after installing?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One of the reasons I bought a BNIB BX23S was the SSQA setup as I knew I wanted to add forklift (pallet) forks to it this summer as well as a snowplow( after this winter). I could have bought a BX25 for 5K less but it's 'pinned'.
Being SSQA might allow a broader range of implements to be used ? Maybe cheaper ??

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have a new Kubota Bx and I'm thinking of getting of getting the older style Quick Attach, not the skid steer setup. At some point i'd like to take the bucket off and put on a set of Forks, and snow plow. The price is a little steep at just over $500, Plus the cost of attachment. Plus adds 50 lbs to the front weight thus lowers lifting by 50 lbs. Has anyone seen problems with lifting capacity's after installing?
Not clear what you mean by "older style"... but if you mean the Kubota proprietary type, I gave up on finding one available. Kubota dealers no longer have it or support it was the conclusion to which I came.

I had bought a used M4700DT that had only pin-on bucket and a SSQA was waay too much money to convert it.... it'd require cutting the ears off my existing bucket and welding on SSQA hardware...then buying SSQA adapater...then buying more SSQA stuff to put onto anything else I could find. It got out of hand pretty quickly.
Then I found a you tube video of a homemade set of adapaters which was very simple, impressively easy, required no cutting/welding on my present equipment, and cost less than $500.
Now my M4700 had a LA1002 FEL and bucket...which themselves had unusual sized pins and they are also unusually distanced from each other. It wasn't a problem locating a pin on pallet fork...but how to make the bucket and the forks easily/quickly interchangeable?
The solution was to make contact with a guy in Canada who custom made a QA setup for me like in the you tube video. The end result was affordable, very well designed and constructed, and absolutely a JOY to use. Dan Heibert is who made them for me.
danannah (at) gmail.com

Here's link to a video of someone elses similar setup.:

Here's a pic of how they arrived from Dan... I painted them with Rustoleum Kubota Orange and they are a perfect companion and work great!
Contact Dan at the address above. Really dependable, honorable guy. (And he accepted my CC via PayPal..)
image1.jpg

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
At some point i'd like to take the bucket off and put on a set of Forks, and snow plow.
This is the exact reason for the SSQA setup.
Where with the old "quick hitch, you are dictated to only use kubota made attachments, and with the SSQA you can use any manufacturers attachments. ;)