Kubota b5100e with b445 mower

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The low oil pressure could be the alum. cam plug fell out. It takes a few hours to fix and cost almost nothing but time.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you know any of the history of the tractor you may know if the cam plug has ever been replaced. If no history is available, if there is an oil pressure light it usually comes on at about 7 PSI. If oil pressure picks up as soon as RPM come up just a little bit, it's a good chance that's the problem.

The plug was alum. and with several heat/cool cycles of the engine on and off over time it falls out of the steel cam. Just have to get in and replace it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you taken an actual Oil pressure measurement or are you just going by the light coming on?
The oil sending units can go bad. ;)

Lawnmowerman

Equipment
B5100E
Mar 20, 2019
Tullahoma Tn.
Have you taken an actual Oil pressure measurement or are you just going by the light coming on?
The oil sending units can go bad. ;)

I bought a gauge and the pressure is at about 15 to 18 psi at about half throttle or that’s the best I could tell with the gauge I bought when slowing the throttle and le at idle it would drops to almost 0 after a few seconds... This is with the engine warm...
I am considering stripping it down because I really like the little tractor and from best I can tell it hasn’t been used much... But don’t know that for sure because I know nothing about the history of it...
Is internal engine parts still available for it??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I bought a gauge and the pressure is at about 15 to 18 psi at about half throttle or that’s the best I could tell with the gauge I bought when slowing the throttle and le at idle it would drops to almost 0 after a few seconds... This is with the engine warm...
I am considering stripping it down because I really like the little tractor and from best I can tell it hasn’t been used much... But don’t know that for sure because I know nothing about the history of it...
Is internal engine parts still available for it??
Does it smoke heavy or have heavy blowby?
Is it hard to start?

If both the answers are No, to both, then you don't need a rebuild, you just need to pull the front gear case cover (timing cover) and inspect/replace the cam plug. It's a fairly simple fix.

Yes all the parts should be available, to work on it.

Lawnmowerman

Equipment
B5100E
Mar 20, 2019
Tullahoma Tn.
Does it smoke heavy or have heavy blowby?
Is it hard to start?

If both the answers are No, to both, then you don't need a rebuild, you just need to pull the front gear case cover (timing cover) and inspect/replace the cam plug. It's a fairly simple fix.

Yes all the parts should be available, to work on it.
So far it starts right up when using the glow plugs I haven’t noticed a lot of smoke but will check tomorrow evening..... thanks for the help..

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So far it starts right up when using the glow plugs I haven’t noticed a lot of smoke but will check tomorrow evening..... thanks for the help..
Sounds and looks like a superior candidate for just a little repair job, then put it back to work.