Front End Quick Connect Snow Plow Blade Options?

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. This is my first post. I ust bought a slightly used (31 hrs) L3200. I have purchased a 5ft bush hog and 5 ft tiller for it but before I pull the trigger on a 6 ft rear blade, are there reasonable offers for a from quick connect blade? I'm used to snow plowing with a 6 ft. blade on the front of my Polaris RZR 1000. I'm just not sure dragging a blade behind you will net the same results as pushing the snow with a front mounted blade. It doesn't have to be a Kubota brand blade. I'm just looking for a quick connect 6 foot blade for $500-$1,000. Are there options?

Here is what I have on my RZR. I've been very please with the hydraulic turn with this blade. This setup cost me around $1k. What's out there like this for the Kubota tractor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsCINZAwKBc

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Since you already have a machine with a blade why not go with a snow blower for the 3 pt hitch on your 3200.
A blade mounted on a FEL is far different than one mounted to a truck for example. You can bend your FEL if something bad happens because they were not designed to take sideways forces generated by a blade because the support is so far back from the point the FEL attaches to the tractor frame
The blower will deal with serious snow far better than trying to push it.
Dave M7040

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Is this snow moving need in North Carolina or is your tractor located somewhere besides your profile info?

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Is this snow moving need in North Carolina or is your tractor located somewhere besides your profile info?
No. Honestly, where I live in NC, we get 2 maybe 3 decent snows a year. Usually 4-8 inches at most. We just have a long 400 foot paved driveway that the snow or ice never seems to melt from. I also have been in charge of plowing our neighborhood in the past. It's a road about 2 miles long. I really don't mind doing it because it doesn't snow that much. The neighbors surely appreciate it.

I think a snow blower would be too much expense for as little use as it would get. Maybe I'll just go with the rear 6 foot blade. It will take some getting used to I'm sure. I'm used to pushing snow, not pulling snow.

I have much to learn. This is my first tractor. Does the rear 3 pt connection have a floating feature to the blade? I don't want to apply too much pressure and damage the driveway or road.

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
Does the rear 3 pt connection have a floating feature to the blade? I don't want to apply too much pressure and damage the driveway or road.
You won't find very many 3 pt hitches that are capable of applying down pressure. They will lift with much force, but gravity is all you get going the other way. If you want more down force for some reason, you have to strap some weight to whatever you are carrying back there.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
You don't specifically say the tractor has a front end loader, but the assumption is that it does with a quick connect bucket. You also don't say if you will be keeping your 4-wheeler. If I was in North Carolina I would continue to use the 4-wheeler for light snow removal, you will probably get it done faster. For the rare heavy wet snow use the tractor with a combination of the fel and rear blade. This assumes your 2 to 3 snows per year and most of the snow melts before the next snow.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I strongly believe your atv will run circles around the kubota. Unless tractor has a heated cab, you arent any better off. Turning around,travel speed makes for a faster time to complete job.a little weight in back of rzr and it is virtually unstoppable when pushing snow. The ranger i set up with a plow does a great job, it isnt my plow truck by any means but it maneuvers around faster than my truck or tractor.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I strongly believe your atv will run circles around the kubota. Unless tractor has a heated cab, you arent any better off. Turning around,travel speed makes for a faster time to complete job.a little weight in back of rzr and it is virtually unstoppable when pushing snow. The ranger i set up with a plow does a great job, it isnt my plow truck by any means but it maneuvers around faster than my truck or tractor.
I would have to disagree as I'm having to bail out a neighbor that can't move the snow when it's too heavy and I can do fine with it. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I keep thinking like its my snow up here. Heavy wet in mild temps is a completely different ball game. Spin once and its a polished hole.stock Atv/utv tires are not the greatest in heavy wet snow. Makes ice too easy.

So i stand corrected.

My son drove his snowmobile up and down my driveway a couple times on fresh snow, i had a hard time plowing that off the next day.so i can see the challenges that would arise on a stretch of road.

No down pressure on three point, but add weight to rear blade and away you go.

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
In North Carolina 4" of light fluffy snow with no base, the 4-wheeler will run circles around the Kubota. YES TJ:D

In North Carolina 12" of wet heavy snow with or without a base the 4-wheeler will not move. Dig yourself out with tractor using the fel and cleanup with a rear blade. Yes NIW.:D

If you have to choose between the two you better cover all the bases and go with the Kubota. I used a Honda 4-wheeler with a blade around the house and contracted the driveway for 5 years. Wet heavy snow was a killer. Now that I do a 1/2 mile driveway and around the house I would not be without my BX and snowblower, but I am in Michigan not North Carolina.

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Thanks guys for all the responses. I've decided to just keep my snow plow with hydro-turn on my RZR. It is nice on those cold snowing days to be behind a windshield and it pushes snow so well. The weight with the blade is about 1,600 lbs.

I will use my tractor for everything else but leave the snow plowing to the RZR.

plow 2.jpg
plow 1.jpg

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Ya, unless you are buying a snowblower for the tractor, I think you would be wasting money. The Polaris can't be beat for plowing.

I used my Polaris Sportsman 500 to plow for 8 years and it's way faster than my B2620. But once you make snow banks, you aren't moving them, whereas the Kubota with fel and blower will move anything.

Fernsboy

Equipment
B2650 fel,
May 6, 2015
Oil City, PA
I have the Kubota snowblade [SSQA] attached instead of my FEL. I also have a back blade. I find that combination works well, even for a bigger snow. We missed all the fun a while back but still had enough to make a judgement on the set-up. The great part about this set-up is that in a really short time, I can put the FEL on for use if piles get too high.

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
I have the Kubota snowblade [SSQA] attached instead of my FEL. I also have a back blade. I find that combination works well, even for a bigger snow. We missed all the fun a while back but still had enough to make a judgement on the set-up. The great part about this set-up is that in a really short time, I can put the FEL on for use if piles get too high.
Can you post of picture of your FEL blade setup?

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
How much do those blades run? Are they 6 foot? Any hydraulics to turn the blade?
My dealer wanted over $1600 for the 6' blade and $1700 :eek: or so for the 7' blade. They came with the skid shoes. No hydraulics for this price.

I looked at the SSQA blade and the LandPride 72" rear blade. He offered me the LandPride blade for $875 and came down on the 6' SSQA blade to $1400. I finally realized that with position control on the 3pt hitch I would not need skid shoes:D.

I didn't buy either one:rolleyes:. I used the fel to clear our drive way and road during the snow we had two weeks ago. We had about 12 inches of snow, and the fel did a good job of clearing the road and drive. :)

I had used rear blades on my previous tractor, but sold the blade with the tractor:(.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Been using this W.R. Long front blade this winter. It's done a good job clearing my gravel driveway.